don't understand "filter by macro command"

fbungarz

don't understand "filter by macro command"

Post by fbungarz » 07 May 21 1:35

I am trying to filter all images that contain an entry in %xmp:dwc:Occurrence.dwc:recordNumber.
For that I select "Filter By Macro Command", enter " %xmp:dwc:Occurrence.dwc:recordNumber" into the macro command box and select "contains value".

I would expect all images to be returned that have "any" kind of entry in "recordNumber".
Instead, not a single image gets returned.

The filter works if I put in a specific number; one image with that particular entry. But to me that does not make sense. If I enter a specific number I should select "equals" from the drop down list. If I leave the field blank, but select "contains value" I would expect ALL images to be returned that contain ANY value (analogous to what Microsoft Excel calls "no blanks"). Else the "doesn't contain value" (= "blanks") doesn't make sense. I also tried this with "doesn't contain value" and then invert the filter, but that doesn't work either.
The ""doesn't contain value" indeed shows me only images that have no "recordNumber", but inverting the filter does not display the images that contain a value in that field.

I am not sure if this is how this is supposed to work, but to me it makes no sense at all...

How can I filter ALL the images that have just anything entered into a specific XMP field using the macro command?

fbungarz

Re: don't understand "filter by macro command"

Post by fbungarz » 07 May 21 1:37

PSU_filter-by-macro-command.jpg
PSU_filter-by-macro-command.jpg (231.24 KiB) Viewed 301 times

Hert

Post by Hert » 07 May 21 9:28

"Contains value" means exactly that. If you search for "Contains value" and don't enter anything then you won't get any results.
I've now added two more conditions to this script: "Is Blank" and "Is Not Blank".

This script part of the deployment set and not a "repository script". You'll have to wait for a new release before you get it.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 01 Jun 21 18:41

I can confirm that this now works in 3717.
Thanks !!!