Quick Assign

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
agk7

Quick Assign

Post by agk7 » 24 Nov 08 11:04

Hi all,

Perhaps i missed these but i have been spending some time cataloging and thought the following features would be really helpful.

1 - Ability to advanced to the next image from the keyboard without escaping out and moving forward.

2 - When you have more than one result from a search perhaps a different letter could be underlined for each result similar to the selection options on the windows drop down menus. This way one could leave their fingers on the keyboard while labeling.
eg
matt (who:friend:jones) - You would select "m" for this label
matt (who:friend:smith) - You would select "a" for this label

Perhaps others have an easier way to select labels, i'm just trying to speed up my workflow.

Cheers.
Andrew
Andrew
Albury, Australia
PSu 4.3 Win10

Mike Buckley

Re: Quick Assign

Post by Mike Buckley » 24 Nov 08 13:57

agk7 wrote:1 - Ability to advanced to the next image from the keyboard without escaping out and moving forward.
What mode can you not do that? The reason I ask is that you can do that if the large image is being displayed in the Collection Viewer and if the image is being displayed in the Light Table.
matt (who:friend:jones) - You would select "m" for this label
matt (who:friend:smith) - You would select "a" for this label
Nice idea if it could be user-controlled. Imagine the issue when searching the label, "red." It has only three letters yet the search returns 30 labels.

Hert

Post by Hert » 24 Nov 08 15:33

Hi Andrew,
agk7 wrote:1 - Ability to advanced to the next image from the keyboard without escaping out and moving forward.
While in the Quick Assign edit box you can use Alt+N and Alt+P to advance to the next image.

I agree with your second request. At one point IDI worked like that but with the new themed GUI design this got lost. I'll add it again to V5.

Hope that helps

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

agk7

Post by agk7 » 24 Nov 08 22:09

Hert,

I found this option in the help but it doesn't seem to work?? It does advance to the next image with Alt + N when i have a thumb selected but not with the Quick Assign box open? As such i still need to Esc out of the Assign box and then advance then Alt + F6 to go again.

Any clues would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew
Andrew
Albury, Australia
PSu 4.3 Win10

Hert

Post by Hert » 24 Nov 08 22:22

Andrew,
agk7 wrote:I found this option in the help but it doesn't seem to work?? It does advance to the next image with Alt + N when i have a thumb selected but not with the Quick Assign box open? As such i still need to Esc out of the Assign box and then advance then Alt + F6 to go again.
Are you using the Quick Assign panel or the Quick Assign icon on the thumb? The advance feature is only available in the QA-panel since the panel stays open while the Quick Assign icon will close as soon as you change selection or assign/unassign a label.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

agk7

Post by agk7 » 24 Nov 08 23:15

Spot on thanks again for your prompt response.

cheers.

andrew
Andrew
Albury, Australia
PSu 4.3 Win10