generate and upload only changed content not working

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
sis3970

generate and upload only changed content not working

Post by sis3970 » 05 Mar 07 11:31

Hello,

I can't seem to figure out why allways all my photos re-generate and re-upload, even if only one photo is altered.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hert

Post by Hert » 05 Mar 07 22:00

Hello sis3970,

Could it be that youre using the Built-In template? If so, try to use a normal template. There is a template "Plain and simple" that is identical to the default built-in template.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

sis3970

Post by sis3970 » 05 Mar 07 22:22

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but I did try the "Plain and simple" template without success.

The only thing I could think of is that I'm running Vista...

Hert

Post by Hert » 07 Mar 07 16:52

I fixed this for the next update. Thank for reporting.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

franz

Post by franz » 18 Mar 07 20:45

Hert/IDimager wrote:I fixed this for the next update. Thank for reporting.

Hert
Hert, will this update also fix this problem on XP or only in Vista?

I experienced the same problem as described above on a XP machine.

Thanks and kind regards,

Franz

Hert

Post by Hert » 19 Mar 07 8:53

Hi Franz,

This was not related to your operating system but to IDI's functioning so either OS will show the same behaviour. The next update fixes it.

Hert

fuego6

Post by fuego6 » 19 Mar 07 19:24

Hi Hert.. thx for this - I had this issue too! Any approx idea when the next update will be? thx!

Hert

Post by Hert » 19 Mar 07 22:15

fuego6 wrote:Hi Hert.. thx for this - I had this issue too! Any approx idea when the next update will be? thx!
The next update is V4 and is the next major update. This version is under development since januari and will take a few more months to finish.

Hert

wiffel

Re: generate and upload only changed content not working

Post by wiffel » 05 Jul 08 23:57

Hert,

Was this actually fixed in the latest version ? I'm using version 4.1.0.3SL and I notice that all files are being regenerated when I do "Publish Portfolio to the Web" again. Since that portfolio contains about 2600 pictures by now, that takes quite some time. That's is OK, but after that all of these are uploaded to my website again. And - obviously - that takes ages and wastes quite some bandwidth.

Wilfried
wiffel

Hert

Post by Hert » 07 Jul 08 13:07

Hi Wilfried,

I can not reproduce this here; the differences-only are generated here. Could it be that you just registered your IDimager version? In that case IDI will do a one-time full generate again to remove the trial info on all your pages.

Hert

wiffel

Post by wiffel » 07 Jul 08 14:02

No, I have a registered version for some time now. I did do upgrade to newer versions in the mean time. Maybe that has an effect ?

Anyway, I'll try to come up with an easy reproducible test.

Wilfried

agk7

Post by agk7 » 01 Dec 08 3:29

sorry to drag up an old post.

I am having a similar problem when using the "SimplyGrey" template?

I have just tried it twice in a row without any changes and IDI seems to fully generate all pics.

Any clues would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew
Andrew
Albury, Australia
PSu 4.3 Win10

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Dec 08 12:55

Hi Andrew,

I tried this a few times here, but the images are not regenerated when nothing has changed. Can you reconfirm this? Btw; you'll see the progress bar running as the HTML pages will be regenerated but not the images. You should see a major speed difference when generating a set of images for the secon time to the same folder.

Hert

agk7

Post by agk7 » 02 Dec 08 22:08

Hert,

don't know if i am doing something wrong here, i will try and outline what i am doing step by step.

- I have set up a Portfolio called "Web Pics"

- Within this i have a number of galleries each with a number of collections.

- Photos are DNG files (this could be the problem as maybe the publisher is re-generating the jpg conversion every time?? If this was the case it would be nice for IDI to recognise the same file and skip the conversion?)

- Publish once to a given directory

- Publish again without change to the same directory and there is not noticeable change in speed.

- I probably have approx 350 images in the portfolio.

Any thought much appreciated.

Cheers
Andrew

PS despite the above i love the web publishing feature, its great!!
Andrew
Albury, Australia
PSu 4.3 Win10