metadata display & writing to labels

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
greg poole

metadata display & writing to labels

Post by greg poole » 27 Nov 12 16:25

I have idiosyncratically labelled a lot of my images with 'physical' sizes in the dc:rights xmp property category. This was a hangover from thumbs plus where I was worried that user fields in the database might get lost, so I copied values to various IPTC fields pretty arbitrarily. That has mostly served me pretty well having needed to look at the data in another program.. like IDimager.
My problem right now is that, though I can see the my values fine in the image details panel dc:rights isn't showing in the metadata section of the catalog explorer.
photoshop:credit which I had similarly used to hold pricing info. also wasn't showing but that was because the 'display this item in Catalog Explorer' was unchecked in 'meta item details' in the 'Editor Schema Designer' , having checked the box it now shows fine. If I try unchecking and rechecking the box for photoshop: credit it still doesn't show in the explorer.
I am in the process of converting my old thumbs plus metadata to labels which in turn continues to synch back afresh to metadata in IDimager. The use of the labels makes organising things much easier but given the limited life span of IDimager I want to make sure I have them as IPTC/xmp too.
I'd be grateful if anyone can explain why this one field is not showing in the the catalog explorer. Also is there an easy way to convert the values from this field into labels.
Thanks in advance.