continuous parameter confusion

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
tstoddard

continuous parameter confusion

Post by tstoddard » 07 Sep 12 13:13

Hi,

I'm new to IDimager and have begun experimenting with using the downloader to move image files from my old file system into a new directory structure. I am renaming the files as I do that and am a little confused by exactly what the "continuous" parameter for the ImageNumber macro command is supposed to do. If I download one batch of files into a specific directory and then move on to another batch of files and run the downloader again using the same profile and some or all of the new batch go into the directories where some of the previously downloaded files landed, where will the sequence start? Will it start at the last number used during the last download or will it start at the highest number used in the destination directory? Will "continuous" persist until an explicit reset is done or is there some other event that can cause the sequence to reset. Also, does the sequence persist between the downloader, importer, and batch renaming functionality? In other words, if the last file I down load has a "0103" and then I use the batch update functionality to renumber other files, will those files start at "0104" or something else?

I'm sorry if I'm using incorrect terminology here. I've been trying to read and absorb a lot of information pretty briefly and may be confusing the usage of some terms.
Tom Stoddard