toolbars

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
doug_w

toolbars

Post by doug_w » 13 Sep 10 4:33

I've been having problems with toolbars. I get frequent out of memory errors when switching workspaces by clicking the tool bar button for the new workspace, and when I make and save changes to toolbars (adding and removing icons) the changes aren't saved between sessions. When I looked at my IDImager Appdata, I see that there are three sets of AppData folders, nested one inside the other (see attached screen shot). Can this be the cause of the problem?

Thanks.

doug
Attachments
file structure.png
file structure.png (149.49 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
photography.dougwieringa.com

Mike Buckley

Re: toolbars

Post by Mike Buckley » 13 Sep 10 7:05

Doug,

I'll let others handle your issue about the multiple AppData folders but I might be able to help with one reason your changes to the toolbar aren't saved after exiting IDimager. After you customize the toolbar, you need to store your changes as a workspace in order for the changes to remain in effect after exiting IDImager. A default dialog box reminds you of that after you close the Customize Toolbars dialog menu but you might have enabled the dialog box's setting, "Don't tell me again."

doug_w

Post by doug_w » 15 Sep 10 1:49

Thanks for the reply, Mike. I changed my tool bar yesterday and verified that I was saving the workspace. I reloaded IDImager a couple times yesterday and it was fine, but today the toolbar was different. Some of my changes from yesterday were retained but others were not. So I think there is something going on with how the workspaces/toolbars are being stored...

doug
photography.dougwieringa.com

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 15 Sep 10 2:10

Doug,

I've had issues with the workspaces sometimes loosing their effect with stuff pertaining to the arrangement of the panels but never the toolbars. I gave up ages ago on Nikon Capture NX2's ability to maintain its workspaces. Maybe there is something about workspaces that the gremlins are particularly effective with. :lol:

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 11 Oct 10 14:49

Doug,

I'm still puzzled by the folder structure showing in your first post...
There should not be *any* 'appadata' folders below the level of 'idimager'. Are any files in these folders still updated by IDI (looking at the dates in the screenshot I'd say that's not the case)? Could they be the result of a manual copy or backup action?

If you have not done so yet I would move the whole 'appdata' structure that's visible inside 'idimager' out of the way; don't delete them yet just in case anything goes wrong...

Gr.
Dirk.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.