IDimager 4.2.0.4 is released

News and Announcements
Hert

IDimager 4.2.0.4 is released

Post by Hert » 07 Nov 08 22:00

IDimager 4.2.0.4 is a maintenance release.

4.2.0.4 has the following additions/improvements over 4.2.0.3:

New: Transfer to Facebook(tm)
New: Italian translations (thanks Emilio)
New: IDimager now also writes relationships to the ICS XMP schema

Better: Reintroduced new thumb layout options to define your own custom colors
Better: Added support for cataloging of the PhaseOne IIQ RAW file format
Better: IDimager now supports reading of 8 and 16 bits CIE*Lab TIF files
Better: In the web template designer you can now check the syntax of your scripts

Fix: Quick Assign box didn't accept text input when you selected more than 50 thumbs
Fix: Fixed an issue that caused the idimager.exe to remain open, even after closing down the application
Fix: Fixed an issue when using the option in Downloader profiles to prompt for a project name. This would be asked multiple times when the %ProjectName was also used in rename or sub folder rules

As with any upgrade it is recommended that you first backup your existing catalog database. You can do that with Tools -> Catalog Manager -> Backup -> Backup to Folder.

Download 4.2.0.4 from the website:
http://www.idimager.com/?page=download

Existing 4.2.0.x users can use a quick update (unless you need the new Italian translations). If you are using an earlier version (< 4.2) then you should use the full installation set instead.

To quickly update 4.2.0.x to 4.2.0.4:

1. Close IDimager
2. Download your version below
3. Copy the downloaded file to your idimager installation folder and overwrite the existing idimager.exe file with the downloaded copy

Pro Desktop: http://www.idimager.com/Trial/Updates/d ... Imager.exe

Pro SQLServer: http://www.idimager.com/Trial/Updates/s ... Imager.exe

Personal: http://www.idimager.com/Trial/Updates/p ... Imager.exe

4. Reapply your license to the newly updated idimager.exe file. See the following thread for assistance:
http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5856

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

PeterK

Re: IDimager 4.2.0.4 is released

Post by PeterK » 07 Nov 08 22:37

Hert,

Downloader does not work on my laptop (desktop unavailable right now). I see the download screen flash very briefly - too quick to read.

I set all options as usual, handler script with mirroring (all to C: on my laptop). All 148 files are checked for DL.

I'll try later on desktop: maybe it's an incorrect option choice?

Peter
V5.1.3.6 ProSL
Vista 64

Hert

Post by Hert » 07 Nov 08 23:04

Hi Peter,
PeterK wrote:Downloader does not work on my laptop (desktop unavailable right now). I see the download screen flash very briefly - too quick to read.
I tested it through here but copy handlers, mirroring etc all works fine here. Could it be that your copy handler raises an error? Can you try to open it in the designer (click button in Downloader) and then cluck the run button there?

Thank you
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

PeterK

Post by PeterK » 07 Nov 08 23:52

Hert,

Before I saw your reply, I decided to try DL without copy handler. Same results. The DL pop up flashes by, but I can see that it has drawn the first status bar before it disappears.

Of course I am trying this on y laptop, which I do not use very much unless I'm traveling. It might be some setting I am oblivious to, since the desktop remembers all my settings. I'll try the desktop later tonight and report back.

PeterK
V5.1.3.6 ProSL
Vista 64

Hert

Post by Hert » 07 Nov 08 23:55

Peter,

When you see the upper progress fly-by then could it be that the output file names created in the downloader already exist in your target folder?

Hert

PeterK

Post by PeterK » 08 Nov 08 0:42

Hert,

Checked that, the folder is empty (mirror folder also).
V5.1.3.6 ProSL
Vista 64

mazzeip

Post by mazzeip » 08 Nov 08 8:24

Hert, I see no Italian language options in Options -> General -> Basic -> GUI Language, just the old languages: (default), de, en, nl, ru (what does (default) mean? My Win XP is in Italian...). What's wrong? Many Italian users are waiting for this version... :wink:

Paolo Mazzei
http://www.leps.it
http://www.herp.it

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 08 Nov 08 10:57

Hi Paolo,
what does (default) mean
Default means the language of your Windows installation.
Unfortunately, it looks like Hert forgot to add the language file for Italian to the installation package...

Gr.
Dirk.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

Franz-Benjamin

Post by Franz-Benjamin » 08 Nov 08 12:23

Thank you for iiq-support!
Benjamin

Hert

Post by Hert » 08 Nov 08 15:29

I released 4.2.0.4+.

It fixes the Italian translations (they were mixed up with the Russian translations). It also provides cleaner painting in the CE; especially noticable when using gradients (thanks DirkS). And it fixed the ICS reading when relations are present.

The links in the opening post now point to 4.2.0.4+. If you need the Italian translations then make sure that you use the full installation set.

Hert

PeterK

Post by PeterK » 09 Nov 08 7:18

Hert,

I DL my new images to my desktop using 4.2.0.3 to ensure card, reader, etc worked properly. All went as usual.

I installed 4.2.0.4. Pointed the DL at a new, empty, test folder using the same project based structure I usually use. Same results as in my OP. One slight difference: When I click the final "Download" button, I see my IDi workspace reappear, and the right half of the DL status box appears - with the left half apparently hidden by the ME/CA panels on the left of my workspace. I do see the first progress bar displaying 100% before it disappears.

I then tried what you suggested:
Can you try to open it in the designer (click button in Downloader) and then click the run button there?
The script worked fine, ending with "script completed" message. One dng was created in the test folder.

Tried again without the handler script enabled, into a new test folder. No files DL'd.

I also unchecked "Always ignore previous files", "Create download label in catalog", and "verify files with original" as well as a few others (unchecking one at a time) with no change in results .

I navigated through the ME to view files in the card reader. No problem. Of course, I already had seen them in the DL screen that allows me to check files to DL.

So IDi sees the images, and can DL one image via the handler script run manually, but not through the DL "process".

I can try tomorrow to DL from a folder on my HD, but I'm not sure what that will prove. Card and reader are accessible by IDi.

Any ideas? I have to get some sleep, but can try to send options file, screen shots, etc tomorrow if that will help.

Thanks,

Peter
V5.1.3.6 ProSL
Vista 64

PeterK

Post by PeterK » 10 Nov 08 0:07

Hert,

fwiw, I copied a new image file to a test folder on my C: drive, then tried to DL from there. same results.

Any ideas at all?? I'm dead in the water here.

Thanks,

Peter
V5.1.3.6 ProSL
Vista 64

HaraldE

Post by HaraldE » 11 Nov 08 7:49

Fix: Fixed an issue that caused the idimager.exe to remain open, even after closing down the application
Morning,

I was very glad to see the above fix ... have seen IDI being open when closing Windows but wasn't sure where the issue was. Now it is gone.

And let me also take the opportunity to say that IDI is my most important image tool. Functionality and support of this product is just outstanding.

Regards, Harald