IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

News and Announcements
PeterK
Posts: 542
Joined: 19 Feb 06 0:55
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by PeterK » 18 Jun 08 12:00

Thanks Hert.
V5.1.3.6 ProSL
Vista 64

drewcrew
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 May 07 10:51

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by drewcrew » 18 Jun 08 12:32

Just downloaded this version and wanted to change the location of my catalog in Options > Catalog tab, but this version different than previous in that there is no box at the top of the catalog tab to show/change path and location of catalog.

drewcrew
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 May 07 10:51

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by drewcrew » 18 Jun 08 12:38

One other issue I noticed, and noticed this in the last version but did not mention it, my burning drives (CD-RW & DVD-RW drives) do not show up in the burner drop down window. This is the first time using the burner since upgrading from Personal to Pro.

~Nick

Hert
Posts: 21031
Joined: 13 Sep 03 7:24

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by Hert » 18 Jun 08 14:04

drewcrew wrote:Just downloaded this version and wanted to change the location of my catalog in Options > Catalog tab, but this version different than previous in that there is no box at the top of the catalog tab to show/change path and location of catalog.
Hi Nick,

That option was removed in Pro-Desktop because it is not being used anywhere. You can copy your database to another folder and the select it in the login dialog.
drewcrew wrote:One other issue I noticed, and noticed this in the last version but did not mention it, my burning drives (CD-RW & DVD-RW drives) do not show up in the burner drop down window. This is the first time using the burner since upgrading from Personal to Pro.
That depends on your OS and the burner engine selected. What Windows version are you using (XP/Vista)? Also what service pack, and what burner engine is selected in IDI's burner window (see lower right corner)

Thanks

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

andy@damroundup.com
Posts: 983
Joined: 13 Apr 08 19:54
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by andy@damroundup.com » 18 Jun 08 20:00

Hert/IDimager wrote:Andy,

Today I slightly customized the scripts to better support Firefox; you can download them here:
http://www.idimager.com/support/scripts/web/web.zip

Unzip the files in the IDimager\Web folder

Hert
Thx Hert.. that fixed the photo highlight issue I had noticed but hadn't reported yet. I really like it! Now, I just need to find some time to start working on the modified scripts... time.. time... time... :)
Check out our detailed DAM reviews at http://www.DAMRoundup.com
Custom designed books for publication or personal enjoyment - http://www.JingotheCat.com

Hert
Posts: 21031
Joined: 13 Sep 03 7:24

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by Hert » 18 Jun 08 20:13

andy@damroundup.com wrote:Thx Hert.. that fixed the photo highlight issue I had noticed but hadn't reported yet. I really like it! Now, I just need to find some time to start working on the modified scripts... time.. time... time... :)
:) tell me about time :D However, I am slowly building on these script because these HTTP scripts will play a more active role in V5.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

drewcrew
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 May 07 10:51

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by drewcrew » 20 Jun 08 5:21

Hert/IDimager wrote:
That depends on your OS and the burner engine selected. What Windows version are you using (XP/Vista)? Also what service pack, and what burner engine is selected in IDI's burner window (see lower right corner)

Thanks

Hert
Thanks Hert! Your response was enough for me to get the burner to work. IDimager continues to be a great program!

~Nick

jjocsak
Posts: 633
Joined: 13 Feb 06 5:20
Location: Nazareth, PA

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by jjocsak » 05 Jul 08 18:16

Hert/IDimager wrote:Bob,

If you're at your own computer then you don't have a use for it... but what about if you'd like your family members access your catalog from another computer in the network, then you can let them browse the web pages and you don't have a risk of them "damaging" your catalog data.

The background of the feature is different though; there are two motivations:
1. You are using IDI in a network environment and multiple people need access to your catalog but read-only
2. You are hosting your own internet pages and would like to offer dynamic web pages based on your catalog data.

The web pages are scripts so they are easy to customize. All I want to offer is a framework that will hopefuly stimulate people to extend the script or even build their own web scripts.

Hert

Hert, I am at a loss as to how another person in my network can access my photos using HTTP server.
What do I put in as my homepage if I'm not using an external server?

Jeff

george
Posts: 1162
Joined: 24 Jun 07 15:57
Location: USA

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by george » 05 Jul 08 19:20

Hi Jeff.
jjocsak wrote:Hert, I am at a loss as to how another person in my network can access my photos using HTTP server.
What do I put in as my homepage if I'm not using an external server?
With the http server running, anyone on the network has access to the images by entering

computername:32323

as the url (where computername is the computer running IDI and the http server).
George

jjocsak
Posts: 633
Joined: 13 Feb 06 5:20
Location: Nazareth, PA

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by jjocsak » 05 Jul 08 20:12

george wrote:Hi Jeff.
jjocsak wrote:Hert, I am at a loss as to how another person in my network can access my photos using HTTP server.
What do I put in as my homepage if I'm not using an external server?
With the http server running, anyone on the network has access to the images by entering

computername:32323

as the url (where computername is the computer running IDI and the http server).
That worked, thanks.

Jeff

andy@damroundup.com
Posts: 983
Joined: 13 Apr 08 19:54
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by andy@damroundup.com » 07 Jul 08 15:05

This is working just great and I am having a blast playing with the scripts to create unique web page looks and editing possibilities.. now, I just need to figure out how to open this up outside my firewall/router so I can access the page (and the DB) from outside my house. Great work Hert!
Check out our detailed DAM reviews at http://www.DAMRoundup.com
Custom designed books for publication or personal enjoyment - http://www.JingotheCat.com

Hert
Posts: 21031
Joined: 13 Sep 03 7:24

Re: IDimager 4.1.0.2 is available

Post by Hert » 07 Jul 08 15:13

Andy,

Glad to read that you like the HTTP server scripts. You can open it up by setting up your router to map an outside port (80) to your IDimager server port (default 32323); that is if you don't run a web server yet.

Hope that helps

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Locked