IDimager maintenance update to 5.1.1.5

News and Announcements
Hert

IDimager maintenance update to 5.1.1.5

Post by Hert » 16 Jun 11 21:21

This update implements the following changes:

Improvements:
- Applying Image Details (XMP) in batch is now faster. Noticeable in "Downloader with Details" and when using the Image Details panel on a series of images
- Improved support for 16 bits CIE*Lab and 16 bits CMYK Photoshop files
- For the German version; the Print Page Designer was not presented in German
- When using "First JPEG Found" matching for a place holder in the Version Detection Wizard then IDimager will first try to pick the first JPEG that is not already assigned to a placeholder. If not successful then the first available JPEG will be used, despite if it is also assigned to another placeholder
- On 64Bits Windows versions the IDimager burner engine is now available as a workaround for the failing Windows burning engine

Fixes:
- Photo dates from before 1899 would result in a wrong sort order in the Collection Viewer
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mike Buckley

Re: IDimager maintenance update to 5.1.1.5

Post by Mike Buckley » 16 Jun 11 21:56

Looking forward to trying out the faster Image Details batch process!

Be sure to change your signature, Hert. :D

Hert

Post by Hert » 17 Jun 11 10:20

Hi Mike,
Mike Buckley wrote:Looking forward to trying out the faster Image Details batch process!
Just curious, but is it noticeable?

Thanks
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 17 Jun 11 12:34

Hert,

I didn't notice a difference in speed but I also didn't time the process before or after the update. My batch process usually involves no more than about 50 - 100 images at a time and changing just two or three metadata fields. I'm not surprised that the difference in speed is not noticable in those circumstances.

Preston B

Post by Preston B » 18 Jun 11 17:38

Updated to 5.1.1.5. Thanks, Hert!

Just a note: It could have just been my system, but I had to copy my license file from a previous download, paste into the IDI installation folder and re-run it.

All is well, but just wanted to let you know.

--P
Preston Birdwell
Columbia, CA

Photo Supreme on Puget Systems Obsidian: Win 10-64 bit Intel i5Quad Core 3.3Ghz 32GB RAM, and Puget Systems Traverse Laptop. Chamonix 4x5 and Nikon D-7100.

Please visit my web site at www.gildedmoon.com

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 18 Jun 11 19:48

My license was automatically applied as usual without having to do anything.

Preston B

Post by Preston B » 18 Jun 11 19:56

That's what I thought should've happened, as well, Mike.

It is entirely possible that when I moved everything to this new box and installed IDI, I ran the license module from my download folder, rather than copying it to the ID folder.

--P
Preston Birdwell
Columbia, CA

Photo Supreme on Puget Systems Obsidian: Win 10-64 bit Intel i5Quad Core 3.3Ghz 32GB RAM, and Puget Systems Traverse Laptop. Chamonix 4x5 and Nikon D-7100.

Please visit my web site at www.gildedmoon.com

andy@damroundup.com

Post by andy@damroundup.com » 19 Jun 11 15:16

Thx Hert for the Versioning changes for JPG's... will test out on my new batch of RAW+JPG and conversion to DNG+JPG via LR!
Check out our detailed DAM reviews at http://www.DAMRoundup.com
Custom designed books for publication or personal enjoyment - http://www.JingotheCat.com

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 23 Jun 11 2:48

Hi Hert,
there is a bug that got introduced with this update:
The custom info below thumbs now no longer refreshes when multiple thumbs are selected and the data in a field that is read to generate that custom info is changed.

Example:
For both selected and un-selected thumb I use the following script to display image title, credit and source on the thumbnails in my database:

Code: Select all

<FONT size="8">%code
var
  ACatItem: TCatalogItem;
  AVal: WideString;
  AXmp: TXMP;
begin
  result := ToWideString('');

ACatItem := TCatalogItem.Create(nil);

if Catalog.FindImageCombined (ImageItem, ACatItem, False, vptNone) then
  begin
    if Catalog.ItemHasXMPProperty (ACatItem, 'exif:GPSLatitude') then
      result := '<font color="#FF0000"> GPS</font>';

AVal := ToWideString('');
    if Catalog.FindXMPCachedTagValueForItem (ACatItem, 'dc:Title', AVal) then
      result := result + '<i>' + AVal + '</i><br>';

if Catalog.FindXMPCachedTagValueForItem (ACatItem, 'photoshop:Credit', AVal) then
      result := result + AVal + ' ';

if Catalog.FindXMPCachedTagValueForItem (ACatItem, 'photoshop:Source', AVal) then
      result := result + AVal;
  end
  else
  begin
    AXmp := TXmp.Create(False);
    Catalog.LoadXMPForImage (ImageItem, AXmp, True);
    if AXmp.FindDesignProperty('http://ns.adobe.com/exif/1.0/', 'exif:GPSLatitude') <> nil then
      result := '<font color="#FF0000">GPS </font>';
    result := result + '<i>' + Nvl(AXmp.QuickGetProperty('http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/', 'dc:Title'), '') + '</i><br>';
    result := result + Nvl(AXmp.QuickGetProperty('http://ns.adobe.com/photoshop/1.0/', 'photoshop:Credit'), '') + ' ';
    result := result + Nvl(AXmp.QuickGetProperty('http://ns.adobe.com/photoshop/1.0/', 'photoshop:Source'), '') + ' ';

AXmp.Free;
  end;

ACatItem.Free;
end;
%/code</FONT>
After download IDI automatically always fills the "dc:Title" field with the file name (annoying but by design :( ).
If I now manually enter a new title for several images in Image Details and hit apply the new title does not show up on the thumbnails. Refreshing the thumbnails (F8 or manually) DOES NOT WORK!!!

I have to change each single title individually and then again hit F8 to refresh. The only alternative is first to delete all titles and then add a new title. Only then does the refresh work!

This applies not only to the title, but to the other fields (credit, source) as well and it is slowing down my workflow very significantly!

I hope that can be addressed.

Thanks,
Frank

Hert

Post by Hert » 23 Jun 11 8:22

Frank,

I'm not aware of any change in this update that would impact this behavior. Does it update when you press F5?

Thank you
Hert

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 23 Jun 11 15:12

Hi Hert,
unfortunately F5 does not work either. The information is written to the file (if you open it in Photoshop it is there), but it does not get updated on the thumbs.
Cheers,
Frank

Hert

Post by Hert » 24 Jun 11 11:27

Frank, I've tried to reproduce this here but the info is updated after I edit the title field.

Do you have IDimager configured to store either all metadata or at least the title field in the catalog in the Options -> Synchronize settings?

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 24 Jun 11 15:59

Hi Hert,
Do you have IDimager configured to store either all metadata or at least the title field in the catalog in the Options -> Synchronize settings?
Yes, always have and always had that one turned on. BTW - this new behavior never before experienced before, only since 5.1.1.5.

Frank

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 29 Jun 11 6:03

Anything?

Hert

Post by Hert » 29 Jun 11 11:54

Frank, Sorry but no, I have no idea at this point. Nothing changed so I have no idea why you have this only since the new release. I also can't reproduce it which makes it hard to trace. You did check for the trivial stuff like not being in offline mode and having the images accessible and writable?