IDimager 5.0.6.9 maintenance update is available

News and Announcements
Hert

IDimager 5.0.6.9 maintenance update is available

Post by Hert » 15 Jul 10 21:36

Improvements:
- When exporting an IDimager Vocabulary file then the auto-generated labels (like download/import sessions) won't be included
- The maximum number of "recently used items" is raised from 25 to 999
- The Quick Assignment Panel is changed from horizontally to vertically oriented
- The position of the histogram in the Light Table is changed from centered to the upper right corner
- Transfer to SmugMug is implemented as a background process with parallel uploading (3 images)
- Transfer to Facebook is implemented as a background process with parallel uploading (3 images)
- Transfer to ZenFolio is implemented as a background process with parallel uploading (3 images)
- Transfer to PicasaWeb is implemented as a background process with parallel uploading (3 images)

Fixes:
- Template resources in the Web Publisher weren't accessible from within a script (would give a RTE)
- When using color space conversion in the Transfer feature then for Nikon based files, the maker notes are removed from the transfered images as they too contain color space info
- Some characters were parsed out in the Transfer features (email, Facebook, Flickr, etc)
- The numbering offset for %ImageNumber would in some cases start at a wrong offset.
- After editing an area in the Image Viewer then the mouse would behave "odd"
- The Progress Activity counter icon would not reset to 0 unless the Progress Activity Panel was first opened
- Entering Lat/Lon/Alt in the properties of a catalog label would give unpredictable results
- When uploading to Flickr to a new (non-existing photoset) then a new photoset was created for every photo
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

weidmic

Re: IDimager 5.0.6.9 maintenance update is available

Post by weidmic » 15 Jul 10 21:55

Transfer to Facebook is implemented as a background process with parallel uploading (3 images)
COOL - works perfectly!

Thanks,
Michael
PSUServer 4.x, PostgreSQL 10.x
My homepage http://www.michaelweidner.com
PSU Tips and Tricks http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/

tumirnix

Post by tumirnix » 15 Jul 10 22:17

Hi Hert,
is there a reason, why this time after the update my installation came up with the question
for the GUI language and the notification to exclude the idi-catalog folder from the
anti virus scans?
It opens like a fresh installation, but the good news is that my catalog was there and also
my "work spaces".
I start my installation with the command line

D:\IDimagerProducts\IDimager\IDimager.exe -a E:\bilder\idi-Daten -regfile E:\bilder\idi-Daten\registry\reg.dat -portable -D E:\bilder\idi-Daten\Catalog\idimager.cat.db

As far as I remember after the last upgrades IDimager started without any change.

Thanks in advance
Martin

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Jul 10 22:23

Hi Martin,

Check the registry folder (-regfile parameter) for the name of the registry file. It may be named differently. This update fixes an issue with the -regfile parameter. Make sure the file name matches by either changing the name of the file in the folder or the -regfile parameter to match the file in the folder.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Jul 10 22:37

Martin, also read through this topic, which describes the issue: http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php ... ile#p75683

Tonyyd

Post by Tonyyd » 16 Jul 10 23:10

Hi,

Great update. The Label Assignment Panel is much, much easier to use now that it is sorted in columns, I much prefer this way. Also the increase in the amount of labels previously used is terrific. Today I have been playing around with the label sets.

This software makes it so, so easy to add keywords. There are so many different ways you just have no option but to find one that is suitable for you. Personally I mix and match.

Thank you Hert for all your hard work.

Tony

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » 18 Jul 10 9:24

Yay! - LAP sorted in columns! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Geoff Coupe
--------------
Photo Supreme /Windows 10 Pro 64 bits + Windows Home Server 2011 = DAM

mphillips

Post by mphillips » 18 Jul 10 12:40

Hi Hert

Has something changed in the Full Screen Viewer for 5.0.6.9.

There is a mega memory leak when using the Full Screen Viewer to browse and rate images.

I will post a video showing in a few minutes. and post in the Bugs Forum.

Regards

MikeP
Mike Phillips
http://www.mikeandmorag.co.za
D800, CNX2, Supreme

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 18 Jul 10 13:14

Hert/IDimager wrote:Improvements:
The maximum number of "recently used items" is raised from 25 to 999
The Quick Assignment Panel is changed from horizontally to vertically oriented
I would have sworn that I posted this the first day the update was released, but I don't see my post. (I wouldn't want to appear to be unappreciative.) Those two items make a bigger improvement than even I thought they would and I asked for them. Many thanks, Hert!

drewcrew

Post by drewcrew » 18 Jul 10 13:28

Thanks Hert for the update.

I was disappointed that this update and other recent ones haven't fixed the bugs I identify here: http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13714

and here: http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12526.

Any plans to do so in the near future?
~Nick