IDimager 5.0.6.6 maintenance update is available

News and Announcements
george

Re: IDimager 5.0.6.6 maintenance update is available

Post by george » 30 Apr 10 22:52

shortia wrote:The only problem is, it wiped out my catalog, so in future I will need to find a better way to do the updates. That, and I really needed to set up a backup, which I failed to do having only used it a few days. At least I have learned a lot about the program, so reconstructing the catalog should be easier this time.
I agree with Michael--there's no way the update should wipe out your catalog. Are you sure that's what happened?
George

Preston B

Post by Preston B » 30 Apr 10 23:35

I just updated to 5.0.6.6, and all seems well. Thanks, Hert!

I did compact my database before running the update.

IDimager V5 - Digital Image Manager 5.0.6.6-ProSLr

Operation System: Windows XP (32 bits) (Version: 5.1 build 2600)
Display Setting : 1280x1024 (1 monitors)
Processor Count : 2
Installed Memory: 3 GB

--P
Preston Birdwell
Columbia, CA

Photo Supreme on Puget Systems Obsidian: Win 10-64 bit Intel i5Quad Core 3.3Ghz 32GB RAM, and Puget Systems Traverse Laptop. Chamonix 4x5 and Nikon D-7100.

Please visit my web site at www.gildedmoon.com

shortia

Post by shortia » 01 May 10 0:05

I didn't change the virus scanner setting, though there was a message to do that on my first install, so that may have something to do with it. I'll look into that. I don't know how or why the catalog is gone, but it is. Luckily it was only a couple days of work, and I'm still learning the program. But I definitely learned my lesson to back it up.

Dierk

Post by Dierk » 01 May 10 9:49

Hm, not the first time this happens ...

IDI does not give me the 'Update available' message at start-up; when checking manually from the menu I get the - wrong! - note 'Not connected to Internet'. I can only guess, the download server is down, which the message should say [something like: 'Sorry, we are down for maintenance, try again later.']. Beside downloading from the main page - incl. entering my e-mail address for the umpteenth time and hoping the version is up-to-date - can't we get a direct download link in the announcement message?
Dierk Haasis
[DH² Publishing]
Writing and Imaging

Nikon D2x, Nikon D200, Capture NX2, IDimager, Adobe Creative Suite, GeoSetter

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 01 May 10 22:41

Dierk,
can't we get a direct download link in the announcement message?
The download location does not change so you can just put it in your favourites by right clicking on it in the User CP.
(BTW, it's http://www.idimager.com/Trial/setup_IDi ... top_V5.exe for the SQLite Pro version)

Gr.
Dirk.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

Dierk

Post by Dierk » 02 May 10 7:43

I might be a bit dense but when I looked into the CP - which, BTW, seems to have no link provided on the site?! - I only saw my licence files for download.
Dierk Haasis
[DH² Publishing]
Writing and Imaging

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 02 May 10 9:15

I only saw my licence files for download.
That's strange... Under 'Actions' I see 3 links: download license, download Desktop Trial and Download SQLServer Trial.

Gr.
Dirk.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

bob350

Post by bob350 » 02 May 10 15:20

I find the same three links too. However, I am sympathetic to the confusion. "Trial version" makes one think of a time-limited version, or maybe of a version that does not have all features functioning.There is no obvious link to the full update version. It takes trial and error to confirm that the "trial" version is really the full update version.

Perhaps it would be easier to understand (and more accurate) if the word "trial" could be removed, at least on the page where we already have our license available as a choice.

Dierk

Post by Dierk » 02 May 10 18:06

Right, Dirk, I was a bit dense yesterday. Let's put it down to working under pressure after a bad week with electronics. Thanks again!
Dierk Haasis
[DH² Publishing]
Writing and Imaging

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 03 May 10 3:50

* Mapping a catalog label to a XMP field that is defined as a structured element of another XMP field then that could lead to incorrect XMP and instable application behavior
Hi Hert,
I have no idea what you mean, but I must say that I am really disappointed!
SINGLE LABEL MAPPING STILL DOES NOT WORK!

http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13221

I just tried it. It is simply NOT working :(

Frank

Hert

Post by Hert » 03 May 10 11:00

Frank,

Just tried it here again and it should work:

http://www.idimagersystems.com/Videos/F ... pping.html

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 03 May 10 17:32

Hi Hert,
don't know what this is then. Perhaps because I continued to use it while it was not working? Perhaps I need that script that you promise would fix the erroneously written XMP? Sorry, I cannot upload a video that shows how it is not working here :(
Frank

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 03 May 10 21:05

Hi Hert,

thanks for posting the video. It took me a while with the slow connection here to download the video and I just watched it. Ironically it does show exactly the problem that I am experiencing here, namely that the very last label is NOT written when syncing the image! In the video you have set it up so that "TestSpecies" should be written to "dwc:scientificName", here:
VideoHert_XMP_LabelMapping.JPG
VideoHert_XMP_LabelMapping.JPG (90.36 KiB) Viewed 4869 times
Yet as your video clearly shows at the end, all higher hierarchy fields get written BUT the XMP field Scientific Name remains EMPTY!!!
VideoHert_XMP_LabelBug.JPG
VideoHert_XMP_LabelBug.JPG (125.21 KiB) Viewed 4869 times
Just watch your own movie again. In the example of your video the label "TestSpecies" is NOT written to the xmp field dwc:ScientificName even though you did set it up to do so!!!

Cheers, Frank

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 04 May 10 4:19

[EDIT: There IS something weird going on. After a Compact the import now works, BUT: it takes very long for a small hierarchy like the one below. After the import it says for about 5 minutes: Rebuilding catalog structure...Odd, but at least it is not completely messed up.]

* Import from UltraTAG+ didn't work anymore due to changed file format by UT
Maybe that one got fixed, but as a result IDI's own format no longer gets imported!
This one worked perfectly before:

[Taxonomy]
<TAB><TAB>Plantae
<TAB><TAB><TAB>Anthocerotophyta
<TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB>Anthocerotopsida
<TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB>Anthocerotales
<TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB>Anthocerotaceae
<TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB>Anthoceros
<TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB>Anthoceros punctatus L.
<TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB><TAB>v<TAB>4526

Now, instead I get an error when I try to import this file.
:( :( :(

Frank

Hert

Post by Hert » 04 May 10 11:19

Frank,

Thank you for pointing out that remaining issue with the mapping to XMP fields from a structure. Please check your Pm.

Thanks

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system