IDimager 5.0.6.4 is released

News and Announcements
george

Re: IDimager 5.0.6.4 is released

Post by george » 21 Mar 10 13:51

Hi John,

First of all, welcome to the IDimager forum.

Changing the registry is not hard, but it's possible to screw up your system necessitating reinstalling Windows. To be safe, google "backup registry" for advice. I would personally not back up the registry for such a trivial change, but make your own judgment.

To implement Michael's suggestion, open a command window and type "regedit" without the quotes. This will bring up the registry editor. Then search for the string "LockedAlterDatabase"="1" with the quotes (either ctrl-f or edit--find brings up the search window) and change the value 1 to 0. Then exit the registry (it's saved automatically after each change, so you don't have to save it manually), and you should be good to go. Does that help?
George

John Hurshman

Post by John Hurshman » 21 Mar 10 14:19

George,

Thanks for quick reply. I ran search for string
"LockedAlterDatabase"="1" with the quotes
but, I didn't get any hits. When I ran search I highlighted "Computer" on Registry Editor window. Was this correct?

Thanks.

John

weidmic

Post by weidmic » 21 Mar 10 14:56

John,

Just run the search for LockedAlterDatabase
That should bring up the result

Best Regards,
Michael
PSUServer 4.x, PostgreSQL 10.x
My homepage http://www.michaelweidner.com
PSU Tips and Tricks http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/

John Hurshman

Post by John Hurshman » 21 Mar 10 15:10

George, Michael,

Thanks for your assistance. I was able to locate LockedAlterDatabase and reset to "0". Also did some more searching of Forum and determined problem with upgrade not activating properly. I now have V5.0.6.4 installed, activated and running properly.

Thanks again for your help. This forum is GREAT!

John

george

Post by george » 21 Mar 10 18:20

Great--glad you're up & running John.
George

Box Brownie

Post by Box Brownie » 21 Mar 10 19:42

I hope Hert can suggest a cure for the issue I reported soonish as I will have to revert back to 5.0.3 or 5.0.5 if it looks like a difficult one to sort out i.e. take a while ???
Living life a slice at a time

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 21 Mar 10 21:13

John,

The easiest way is to download the attached zip file and then run 'unlockidi.reg' by double clicking on it.
You'll see a few confirmation dialogs but after that IDI should run normally again.

I zipped the registry file because .reg files are sometimes blocked by Windows or virus scanners.

HTH
Dirk.
Attachments
unlockidi.zip
(277 Bytes) Downloaded 290 times
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.

Preston B

Post by Preston B » 21 Mar 10 22:55

Dirk,

I am still using 5.0.5 and do not have the issues reported, but I want to say thanks to you for providing the zipped ;reg file for those who feel skittish about editing the registry.

--P
Preston Birdwell
Columbia, CA

Photo Supreme on Puget Systems Obsidian: Win 10-64 bit Intel i5Quad Core 3.3Ghz 32GB RAM, and Puget Systems Traverse Laptop. Chamonix 4x5 and Nikon D-7100.

Please visit my web site at www.gildedmoon.com

John Hurshman

Post by John Hurshman » 21 Mar 10 23:09

Dirk,

Thanks for the .zip file. I had resolved my problem with input from George and Michael. I will keep the .zip and instructions on file, though, in case I need it in the future.

I am not very technically proficient when it comes to delving into operating systems, so the regedit step was a bit intimidating. But, "all's well that ends well". To make it a bit more complex, I was installing on an Intel based Mac; I now have IDimager Pro up and running on a MacBook Pro via Parallels 5 and Windows 7. I am really pleased with IDimager's performance thus far (10 days of testing), and I'm ready to start building real catalog. Thanks for the great software.

John

george

Post by george » 22 Mar 10 13:31

John Hurshman wrote:I now have IDimager Pro up and running on a MacBook Pro via Parallels 5 and Windows 7. I am really pleased with IDimager's performance thus far (10 days of testing), and I'm ready to start building real catalog. Thanks for the great software.
Hi John,

I'm using IDimager on an iMac with Windows XP pro running virtually under VMWare's Fusion. I wonder if you had a chance to compare the performance of Fusion and Parallels before you decided on Parallels. Thanks.
George

John Hurshman

Post by John Hurshman » 22 Mar 10 14:49

George,

No, I did not compare performance. I based my decision to use Parallels based on evaluations posted on-line by Walt Mossberg and others. Overall, the Parallels/Windows 7 installation experience was seamless.

John

george

Post by george » 22 Mar 10 18:46

John Hurshman wrote:I based my decision to use Parallels based on evaluations posted on-line by Walt Mossberg and others.
Thanks for that John. I'll check out those evaluations.
George

HaraldE

Post by HaraldE » 24 Mar 10 9:43

Box Brownie wrote:I hope Hert can suggest a cure for the issue I reported soonish as I will have to revert back to 5.0.3 or 5.0.5 if it looks like a difficult one to sort out i.e. take a while ???
Morning,

Have I missed something?

I still have the same error that me and Box reported earlier in this thread. I can open and work with IDI but can not close it without using Task Manager.

Maybe I better report this as formal bug using the proper method.

Regards, Harald

Box Brownie

Post by Box Brownie » 24 Mar 10 10:48

HaraldE wrote:
Box Brownie wrote:I hope Hert can suggest a cure for the issue I reported soonish as I will have to revert back to 5.0.3 or 5.0.5 if it looks like a difficult one to sort out i.e. take a while ???
Morning,

Have I missed something?

I still have the same error that me and Box reported earlier in this thread. I can open and work with IDI but can not close it without using Task Manager.

Maybe I better report this as formal bug using the proper method.

Regards, Harald
Hi Harald

Sorry I should posted to this thread but I noticed v5.0.6.5 had been released and for me the shutdown issue has been fixed in that release. A pity that its availability was not "replied to" here :?: :idea:
Living life a slice at a time

HaraldE

Post by HaraldE » 24 Mar 10 12:51

Thanks Box,

Now all is ok ... did a download and can now CLOSE without a hang ... case closed

Regards, Harald