IDimager 5.0.2 is released (maintenance release)

News and Announcements
Hert

IDimager 5.0.2 is released (maintenance release)

Post by Hert » 22 Jan 10 13:24

IDimager 5.0.2 is just released. These are the main changes in this version:

Improvements:
Added a filter option in the Downloader that allows you to filter on rated/culled images
You can now upload videos to Picasaweb (the requirements from Picasa: max 100MB file, only types MOV, AVI, GP3, MP4, MPEG, MPEG4, WMV)
There is an option added to a fast collection's Context Menu that allows you to empty it
The Pro-SQLServer edition now has the login dialog switched ON by default
You can now use Alt+F5 to refresh the Collection Viewer after re-reading the collection's content from the database
Motorola/Mac/Big Endian byte order TIF files will now read much faster
Improved support for 32 bit TIF files that are stored as 32-bits-floating-point
Improved support for 16 bit TIF files that are stored as 16-bits-floating-point
Less memory usage when opening images in the Image Viewer/Editor or Light Table
The Watermark dialog now includes an option to do stretched sizing to let the watermark overlap the full image
The Image Details Panel now includes a feature to Export the content to XMP

Fixes:
Fixed a major memory leak in the printing module
The Catalog Display version in the Options wasn't displayed correctly if a placeholder prior to the selected placeholder was set as "invisible"
When closing IDimager with only the Image Basket filled with images then you'd get a message on closing the application
Fixed a reading issue for very large Big Endian ordered TIF files
Fixed an issue with creating new a version set in Pro-SQLServer
Fixed a but where in some situations the file got altered when the option was selected to write the XMP to the database only, and not to the file

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

george

Re: IDimager 5.0.2 is released (maintenance release)

Post by george » 22 Jan 10 16:02

Thanks Hert. Downloading as I type this. I think downloader filtering will really help the workflow.
George

danaltick

Post by danaltick » 22 Jan 10 17:00

Hert,

I'm ecstatic just to see continued updates like this and continued fixes and improvements. I really don't care so much if a product has a few glitches or problems as long as I know its being continually developed and supported. I will pick that any day of the week over a more stable product that doesn't offer support or continued development. Idimager has been a breath of fresh air for me in that regard. All I got to say is, "Keep 'em comin'". Thanks.

Dan

george

Post by george » 22 Jan 10 17:32

Hi Dan. I know you're talking about a pretty good product that was purchased by a major software company, underwent a name change and little else, and now for a long time there's no news about whether it will ever be developed further. I agree IDimager & Hert are great, so let's hope that never happens here.
George

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 Jan 10 17:37

Thank you for the compliments Dan and George! ..... Spread the Word :D
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

danaltick

Post by danaltick » 22 Jan 10 17:49

George,

My only concern about IDI is if Hert gets hit by a truck (knock on wood). Hert, just curious, are you eating right, exercising, and getting plenty of sleep at night. I have a vested interest now you know :mrgreen:.

Dan

Craig Joiner

Post by Craig Joiner » 22 Jan 10 18:44

Hert,

Many thanks for these fixes. My fff files are loading just great now.

Craig.
(A happy bunny!)
------
Craig Joiner
http://www.craigjoiner.com

AP

Post by AP » 22 Jan 10 20:53

Thanks Hert:

Question: When using IDI's Help>Check for Updates function, (which works well BTW), is the downloaded update file stored anywhere on my PC for me to utilize later should I need to update IDI again, or does IDI Update remove the update file?

I searched my system but could not find any IDI set up files or others. Normally there is an setup_IDImagerPro.....exe file.

If it's removed automatically, would it be difficult for you to allow the user to choose where the downloaded update file can be downloaded to, or not be removed?

Otherwise I'll just use the Control Panel in the future for manual updates which is easy enough to do.

george

Post by george » 23 Jan 10 3:34

danaltick wrote:George,

My only concern about IDI is if Hert gets hit by a truck (knock on wood). Hert, just curious, are you eating right, exercising, and getting plenty of sleep at night. I have a vested interest now you know :mrgreen:.

Dan
Yes, I like that idea. We should design a diet, fitness and all-around wellness program for Hert.
George

mantra

Post by mantra » 23 Jan 10 7:38

thank you so much

but could you add a item in preference , keep/save/remember the last filter used? :( :( :( :(
so when i start idimager i have it immediately working , start idimager and re-setup the filter (like only raw) or .. it's boring

http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12454
http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12429

i would appreciate it

have a great day
have a great day

BrianS

Post by BrianS » 26 Jan 10 0:55

Hert,

the Updater is not working for me, it identifies there is an update available - and proceeds to 'Downloading the Update' but then just hangs there for ever.

Is there a direct link to the current version other than downloading a 'trial' whihc is asking for email address etc all over again?
Brian
Melbourne Australia
V3 PS, Win 7-64, Canon 1Dx, 50D, FUJI X-T1, X-T2, LR CC, PS CC2017

weidmic

Post by weidmic » 26 Jan 10 1:20

Brian - when you login into http://cp.idimager.com you will find a download-link

Best Regards,
Michael
PSUServer 4.x, PostgreSQL 10.x
My homepage http://www.michaelweidner.com
PSU Tips and Tricks http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/

BrianS

Post by BrianS » 26 Jan 10 2:42

Thanks Michael,

actually it eventually completed after about 1/2 an hour! and I have a fast broadband cable !
Brian
Melbourne Australia
V3 PS, Win 7-64, Canon 1Dx, 50D, FUJI X-T1, X-T2, LR CC, PS CC2017

Nedsez

Post by Nedsez » 26 Jan 10 12:14

Hi From Nedsez
I installed v5.0.2 when it was released.
I ran it a few times and disabled the autostart of IDI Monitor to over come the duoble shutdown required with Win XP3 which I use
Today 25-Jan I went to start IDI and was presented with a small window anouncing 'Another process is currently upgrading your database etc etc.
I left this running for half an hour during which little or no disc activity was observed then checking with task manager 2 instances were both shown as not responding.
Ive tried removing and reloading IDImager with the same result but wth 'not responding' appearing in the top bar of the small window after minimmising and re-opening again after about 3/4 of an hour.
Because Idimager does not open before the @Another process pane@ I cannot check any parameters.
Help please
All the Very Best,
Nedsez

Instant success can take years to achieve....
I'd best get a move on??

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 26 Jan 10 12:28

Nedsez,
window anouncing 'Another process is currently upgrading your database etc etc.
I think this topic should give you a solution: http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php ... 46&start=0

Gr.
Dirk.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.