IDimager 5.0.1 is released (maintenance release)

News and Announcements
Mike Boden

Re: IDimager 5.0.1 is released (maintenance release)

Post by Mike Boden » 18 Jan 10 19:29

Dirk kindly provided the link.

Basically, Versioning does not work at all. Images that were part of version sets in V4 have transferred over to V5 just fine. Additionally, when I first installed V5, Versioning was working fantastically. In fact, there was a considerable speed increase that I was very pleased with. This didn't last for long, however, and now I can't create any Version set whatsoever. I also can't alter any Version sets that were created in V4.

So...I'm stuck. This really needs to be a top priority in my humble opinion.

Hert

Post by Hert » 18 Jan 10 21:40

Mike Boden wrote:This really needs to be a top priority in my humble opinion.
I very much agree. But if you're the only one who has this issue and we have no way of reproducing it then we can't fix it either. So I depend on your input on this one. Could you send me a copy of your database file?

Thank you

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mike Boden

Post by Mike Boden » 19 Jan 10 3:01

Hert/IDimager wrote: Could you send me a copy of your database file?
Hi Hert,

I sent you a Private Message with a download link where you can get my database. Please let me know what you find.

Thank you,

Mike

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 20 Jan 10 17:24

Hert/IDimager wrote:Better: You can now use Alt+N, Alt+P to navigate to the next/previous image while in the Image Details without loosing the focus in the Image Details panel
That capability is a terrific addition. I can't remember who brought that issue to light (possibly Dave?), but many thanks to that person and to Hert for implementing it.

NACarter

Post by NACarter » 20 Jan 10 18:18

That's alright Mike!

Nick, aka Dave!!

Mike Boden

Post by Mike Boden » 20 Jan 10 21:37

Hert,

I sent you a Private Message with a link to download my Database. Have you received it yet? Could you please give me some feedback of some sort? I'm kinda in the dark here.

Thanks.

AP

Post by AP » 21 Jan 10 7:00

Mike Buckley wrote:
Hert/IDimager wrote:Better: You can now use Alt+N, Alt+P to navigate to the next/previous image while in the Image Details without loosing the focus in the Image Details panel
That capability is a terrific addition. I can't remember who brought that issue to light (possibly Dave?), but many thanks to that person and to Hert for implementing it.
I agree that this is a nice addition, but I'm otherwise lost with how to navigate and edit field to field besides this one. After editing the Image Description, the Tab key doesn't take one to the next field, nor does the arrow key, though it does for some fields like name and address, etc..

Is there an easy way to move from field to field in order to edit info and that doesn't require BOTH the use of the mouse to get to a field and then keystrokes to edit and then being careful NOT to press enter? Alt+N and Alt+P are nice starts but limited. Also is there a key combo to use instead of hitting "Apply" seperately with the mouse?

NACarter

Post by NACarter » 21 Jan 10 8:23

Hi AP,

I don't think you need to press Apply - when you move on to the next image it automatically does an apply.

Nick

AP

Post by AP » 21 Jan 10 16:55

Nick, IDI has never done that for me in my versions. I just tested it and editing a field and then pressing Alt+N or Alt+P and you lose the edited info. THE ONLY way that I can get it to stick is to click Apply or to first activate the option to write any changes immediately under Tools>Options. Are you sure that it works as you suggest in your version?

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Jan 10 17:18

Alec,

Most likely you once answered No to the question to apply the details and then ticked the Dont ask again question. Try Help - Reset all don't ask again questions.

Does that help?
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

AP

Post by AP » 21 Jan 10 18:27

Thanks Hert, your suggestion worked. Thanks to Nick as well.