Unable to open RAW after tagging

Maczero

Unable to open RAW after tagging

Post by Maczero » 17 May 15 22:45

I am experimenting with this as a lightweight method to add Geo data to images in a C1 session. It works fine with the jpeg images I have used to experiment with, but the raw (DNG from an old Ricoh GX200) cannot now be opened, either by C1 or in Preview (which shows the file dimensions as 0 x 0).

When I used Exif Editor to examine the raw files I found that all Exif had been removed apart from the geo data and a reference to Photo GEO Tagger as the software in the General section which had been added. This makes the files essentially inoperable so far as raw development software is concerned. Syncing the XMP file makes no difference in C1 either.

I am using the MAS version of the software (only because I couldn't find a link to it on your front page).

This software offers the potential of geotagging raw files - not something that most of the other software in the MAS does. I would dearly like it to work.

Maczero

Re: Unable to open RAW after tagging

Post by Maczero » 17 May 15 22:47

Sorry, should have said that the version I am using is the latest MAS version, which is 1.3.1.35.

I should also have added that the raw files now show in the Photo GEO tagger window as having 'invalid size'.

Hert

Post by Hert » 18 May 15 21:44

Can you share a screenshot of the "invalid size" message?
Also, would it be possible to share a sample DNG file that I can use to try to reproduce this?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Maczero

Post by Maczero » 19 May 15 9:46

Hert

See the attached screenshot taken immediately after saving the geo data (the change happens immediately - the thumbnail disappears and the screen you see replaces them).
Screen Grab.tiff
Screenshot after applying geo data
Screen Grab.tiff (222.84 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
I also attach an XMP file written as a result of the geotagging

II have placed one of the original DNG on Dropbox if you want to look at it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464 ... 014839.DNG
Attachments
R0014839.xmp
XMP written by Photo GEO Tagger
(4 KiB) Downloaded 81 times