Unable to open file

madisonlee

Unable to open file

Post by madisonlee » 11 Aug 14 18:04

I have been starting to get this error message when trying to add file and it seems to be getting worse. Sometimes if I try again, it may work but in general, it is getting worse. How do I fix this? Should I reinstall? Have attached the error message screen shot.
Attachments
UnableToOpen.png
Error Message
UnableToOpen.png (989.38 KiB) Viewed 9040 times

madisonlee

Unable to open file

Post by madisonlee » 11 Aug 14 18:36

Started getting this problem and is only getting worse to the point where it is unusable. Trying again sometimes work but mostly not. Reinstalling seems to have resolved the issue which tells me that program is probably not handling things well. I have been adding, tagging and the remove, and then do it over and over. Wondering if that is aggravating it. Any recommendations on how this can be fixed? Based on experience, it seems like returning will be a matter of time. I have tried restarting the app multiple times and also rebooting my Mac. Currently using latest Mac OSX.

Thanks!
Madison

Hert

Re: Unable to open file

Post by Hert » 12 Aug 14 5:35

It seems like your installation has issues with Sandboxing. I assume you're running the MacAppStore version?

Please try this:
1. Drag the application to the trash bin
2. Reinstall the application by downloading it again from the MacAppStore (you won't be charged as you already bought it)
3. Try again

Does that help?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

madisonlee

Post by madisonlee » 12 Aug 14 16:20

Appreciate getting back to me quickly. As I have said, yes it does help but only temporarily. I've been doing a catch-up updates on my older photos and I had to reinstall twice just yesterday to get it going. So I think problem builds up when you use more. Do you need any other info to help me?

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 Aug 14 16:30

How are you adding images to the application? Do you use drag/drop or do you use the icons to add images or a folder (through the Open Panel)?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

madisonlee

Post by madisonlee » 12 Aug 14 16:42

Yes, I have been using the drag & drop.

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 Aug 14 18:42

And when you use the Open method, do you have the same issue?

madisonlee

Post by madisonlee » 12 Aug 14 20:30

Have not tried OPEN method as I had to deal with too many photos. Photos are on a network share and using OPEN method takes a long time. 1) It doesn't default to the last folder that I have accessed (have to drill down from scratch to find the next folder), 2) takes a longer time to just show the listed files (vs. already displayed in my FINDER window).

Is it possible for you to QA this with some automated script to see if you can reproduce the issue?

madisonlee

Post by madisonlee » 29 Aug 14 23:35

Was this issue fixed in just released v1.3.0?

Hert

Post by Hert » 30 Aug 14 6:59

Not specifically. I think this is related to your MacOS because on drag drop then the OS must pass on the correct authorizations. Are you using the latest OS version? Could also be related to a Sandbox. In that case delete he entire app by dragging it to the trash. Then redownload it from the MAS.