ExposureBiasValue vs Exposure Compensation

Larry56

ExposureBiasValue vs Exposure Compensation

Post by Larry56 » 28 Mar 18 5:33

I want to display in my Info panel any Exposure Value I'd applied to a photo. The nearest I can find in the options to display is ExposureBiasValue and that shows as a number such as -354334816/1073741824 when looking at the EXIF data the Exposure Compensation is -.33. It appears Exposure Compensation isn't an option in PSu?

When I look at the EXIF data I don't see Exposure Bias Value. Is there a difference or two names for the same field? If the same is there a way to get the ExposureBiasValue to display as something like EV of -.33?

Using XnViewMP to look at the EXIF of a jpg ExposureBiasValue does not show up in EXIF or EXIFTool tabs but it does in the xmp tab. Which is odd because under the Exiftool tab's xmp category that field name is not displayed but only Exposure Value.

I in way over my head on this. I just want something like -.33.

Hert

Re: ExposureBiasValue vs Exposure Compensation

Post by Hert » 28 Mar 18 9:15

-354334816/1073741824 = 0.33000001

Exif stores this value as a rational (nominator / denominator).

ExifBiasValue is the compensation. Use, for instance as a custom thumb line, as a macro with %xmp:exif:ExposureBiasValue
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 28 Mar 18 17:41

Any way to have it display as just .33 as an example rather than current format? I see a field "Exposure Compensation" in the EXIF/xmp metadada. Any way to display that since it's already in a more readable format?

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 Mar 18 23:23

With a small script you can format this field however you want.

Code: Select all

%code 
var
  APos: Integer;
  ANom, ADenom: String;
begin
  result := '%xmp:exif:ExposureBiasValue';
  APos := Pos('/', result); 
  if APos > 0 then
  begin
    ANom := MidStr(result, 1, APos - 1);
    ADeNom := MidStr(result, APos + 1, Length(result));
    if StrToInt(ADeNom) <> 0 then
      result := 'EV ' + Format('%f', [RoundToPrecision(StrToInt(ANom) / StrToInt(ADeNom), 2)]);
  end;
end;
%/code
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 29 Mar 18 6:27

Perfect. Thank you.