PSU remove GPS Info from XMP files

RobiWan

PSU remove GPS Info from XMP files

Post by RobiWan » 19 Jan 18 18:19

Hi,

I'm not sure what going wrong here, but PSU removes GPS-data from my old XMP files. My old cameras did not have a built-in GPS receiver. I used an external one and got the information written in XMP files. But now I notice that after the PSU the XMP files have rewritten this information lost.
That's unacceptable to me :shock:

Hert

Re: PSU remove GPS Info from XMP files

Post by Hert » 20 Jan 18 8:20

That's odd. Can you send me a sample photo+XMP file for this to my email address?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 20 Jan 18 10:48

I think this is related to the GEO location has been disabled during import. I will verify it later

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 20 Jan 18 19:47

The problem is apparently solved for me as well.
If the GEO tagging is completely switched off during import, the information is deleted when PSU rewrites the XMP files.
I am glad that I never trust a software and always have a backup ready.
So I had to first write all XMP files. Then with the help of PowerShell and exiftool I wrote the GPS information from the backup files to the new one. Then import the XMP files into PSU again.
Again lost a lot of time because the developer has not thought through to the end.