Someone with UltraTag+Pro Vocabulary here?

RobiWan

Someone with UltraTag+Pro Vocabulary here?

Post by RobiWan » 11 Jan 18 18:52

Hi,

some years ago I bought UltraTag+Pro vocabulary. I added different keywords and changed wrong, so my vocabulary has perfect worked with LR and C1.
Now I am on PSU and I do not know how to adapt it to the existing categories best. And if the PSU categories are really correct in themselves.

Places == Herkunft (its only what match)
PSU has "People" as category. But People describes already picture so I think "People" should be a Keyword not category. But its not possible to move or delete them. UltraTag has People as Keyword in Category Environment

Are you all use PSU's categories or your own system?

Mke

Re: Someone with UltraTag+Pro Vocabulary here?

Post by Mke » 11 Jan 18 20:27

I'm using my own system, with several additional top level categories in addition to the default ones in PSU.

People, to use your example, is a category in PSU because it is pre-configured so that everything in the category writes metadata to the IPTC and XMP "PersonInImage" fields (in the image or the sidecar file, depending on how you have set up PSU). The word "People" will also be written as a keyword to the hierarchical subject (if you have the option set) to give you something like people|politician|Donald Trump. So I would suggest you probably want to move everything under 'People' in UltraTag to PSU's 'People' category.

I'd suggest suggest experimenting on a test setup with copies of a small number of images before getting too much further...

Hert

Post by Hert » 11 Jan 18 22:04

First of all; it is possible to import the UltraTag vocabulary to Photo Supreme (see the Data menu).

After importing I recommend, as Mke also suggests, to organize the relevant top level UltraTag items to the Photo Supreme categories.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 11 Jan 18 22:23

Thanks for the answers.
@Mike - Can you share your categories?

Mke

Post by Mke » 12 Jan 18 12:10

Mine are:

Activity
Being
Concept
Condition
Culture
Environment
Event
Material
Mood
Object
People
Photography
Plants
Places
Transport
Time

RobiWan

Post by RobiWan » 12 Jan 18 14:38

OK thanks.