Problem with « Iptc4xmpExt:Event »

Le_Lion_07

Problem with « Iptc4xmpExt:Event »

Post by Le_Lion_07 » 29 Nov 17 8:09

Hello from France.

When I read metadata from a file (a file already in the catalog), the tag « Event » (Iptc4xmpExt:Event) is added in the assign panel, I mean : it can be found two time, one is the « original » tag, other is a copy (why ?), but not exactly the same, the new tag is not mapped to Iptc4xmpExt:Event (as the original), it is mapped to nothing.

Note that in my catalog the tags « Event » are not recorded as keywords, only as Iptc4xmpExt:Event.

This strange behavior concern only « Event », not « Person in image », « Description », or localisation (country, etc.).

Quid ?
Photographies

L'importance du regard...
Tant qu'il y aura des étoiles...

Hert

Re: Problem with « Iptc4xmpExt:Event »

Post by Hert » 29 Nov 17 9:32

In the Label Assignment panel you can hover over the items to see the hierarchy. Are they linked to different categories? If so, then simply delete the incorrect Catalog Label (probably the one outside of the Events category).
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Le_Lion_07

Re: Problem with « Iptc4xmpExt:Event »

Post by Le_Lion_07 » 29 Nov 17 10:56

Yes, the « original » item is linked to categories and the « false » one is linked to nothing.

But why the importation of metadata create a « ghost » label ?

So, the new event is mapped to nothing and the choice from keywords is : « Do not create kw from this label » but if I compact/repair the database, then the false event appears under keywords...
Photographies

L'importance du regard...
Tant qu'il y aura des étoiles...