GEO Panel Problems (macOS)

MikeNaylor

GEO Panel Problems (macOS)

Post by MikeNaylor » 22 Nov 17 14:42

I'm having teething problems in the GEO Tag panel.

1) Clicking the top-right square icon in the map area doesn't open a map window.

2) Clicking the bottom-right zoom buttons doesn't work. However, the mouse scroll works, but I'd prefer it didn't.

3) Can't drag a map marker to another position.

4) Copy & Paste from Google maps doesn't work.

Enough for now.

Please can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or are these bugs?

MikeNaylor

Re: GEO Panel Problems (macOS)

Post by MikeNaylor » 25 Nov 17 16:50

Am I having these issues because Google has recently changed their API?

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Nov 17 18:37

1) Clicking the top-right square icon in the map area doesn't open a map window.
This is something new that Google introduced. PSU doesn't respond to it.
2) Clicking the bottom-right zoom buttons doesn't work. However, the mouse scroll works, but I'd prefer it didn't.
The zoom buttons work fine here. Can you try it again? Maybe after a restart of the app?
3) Can't drag a map marker to another position.
This works fine here.
4) Copy & Paste from Google maps doesn't work.
Not sure what you mean with this. How are you copy'ing and past'ing?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

MikeNaylor

Post by MikeNaylor » 25 Nov 17 18:59

Hert.

Zoom Buttons, Map Drag and Marker Drag appear to working today, but then they stop working. I need to relaunch PSU to get them working again. Could this be because I have a slow Internet connection of only 2MB/s on a good day.

Copy & Paste - My mistake, I was using the degrees, minutes, seconds format.

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Nov 17 19:06

Could it be that you clicked the new birds-eye (at least I think that is is that...or 2d vs 3d) button that Google added? After I click that button, the panel becomes unresponsive they way you describe.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

MikeNaylor

Post by MikeNaylor » 25 Nov 17 19:14

Is the new "birds-eye" the right icon that doesn't have a tool tip? If so, I've never clicked on that until just now. It opened Google Maps in Safari, but then froze the map controls in PSU as with you.