Dual monitor support?

simato73

Dual monitor support?

Post by simato73 » 05 Nov 17 10:51

Hi All,

I have been trying to find out how dual monitors are support, but I have found mainly old posts and am not sure what is the current state, hence the question.

I currently don't have two monitors, but am considering getting a second one. Both would probably be 27", traditional pixel density.
One of the reasons for doing so is to be able to have the "usual" thumbnail displays with the catalog/folders section on the right on one monitor, while displaying large any selected image on the second monitor (for example for editing, or just inspecting fine details in the image). Therefore I am not overly interested in having a "stretched" single display; I would like the two displays to do different things.
I don't know if this is possible in PSu or not, and would appreciate any clarification.

Anyone using dual displays and PSu, your input on how you use them and your experience would be very useful.
Also if there are any open Mantis tickets on the subject, please send a number or a link.

Thanks in advance.
Simone

Hert

Re: Dual monitor support?

Post by Hert » 06 Nov 17 22:45

In PSU's preferences you can set the second monitor as your viewing monitor. Find it in the Preferences->General->Images open in
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

HaraldE

Post by HaraldE » 07 Nov 17 1:07

Morning,

I use my TV as second monitor as specified by General Settings, works very well. On my laptop I see all the thumbs and on the TV I show to people the photo we want to talk about.

I bring my Laptop along when visiting relatives and all I need to do is connect any TV using my HDMI cable. This way we I have the laptop screen available to write down facts from the audience.

Best regards, Harald

simato73

Post by simato73 » 10 Nov 17 23:20

Thank you both.
I found the option in the preferences and this makes the purchase of a second monitor a bit more likely.
Simone