Images previously imported still marked for import

snowman1

Images previously imported still marked for import

Post by snowman1 » 17 Oct 17 19:17

At one time, when opening an import session to ingest images from a memory card, any images not already imported would be marked for import. To put this another way, if some of the images on a card had already been imported in a previous import session, those images would NOT be marked. This was good, and made life easier (it would make life easier still if one could filter so only marked images were shown but that's another subject!).

However in recent weeks it seems to have stopped doing this. Have I done something stupid? Is it PSU or is it windows? I can't see any settings governing this.

Can anyone help please?

(Incidentally, using the dropdown to "mark not in catalog" results in ALL images on the card being marked so that doesn't help - I don't see this option serves any purpose in the context of copying images off a memory card and so I'm presuming this option is intended for use when one adds images to a folder that is already cataloged and wishes to add those images to the catalog without copting them anywhere)

Thanks
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------

Hert

Re: Images previously imported still marked for import

Post by Hert » 18 Oct 17 2:53

PSU uses the archive flag of your files to determine the initial marked state. After copying a file to your system then PSU alters the archive flag of the original file on your memory card.
Could it be that you made the memory card read only or any other possible reason why the archive flag of a file can’t be altered by PSU. Could also be that you use other software that changes the archive flag of your source files as well (typically backup software).
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 18 Oct 17 4:51

Hert wrote:
18 Oct 17 2:53
PSU uses the archive flag of your files to determine the initial marked state. After copying a file to your system then PSU alters the archive flag of the original file on your memory card.
WIll this work properly if files are first copied from the memory card to another drive and then imported into PSu from that new location?
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2604. I stand behind the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

Hert

Post by Hert » 18 Oct 17 5:33

Stephen wrote:
18 Oct 17 4:51
WIll this work properly if files are first copied from the memory card to another drive and then imported into PSu from that new location?
For PSU the source file is whatever you point it to. For those files the archive flag is set after copying with PSU's Import Module.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 18 Oct 17 14:18

Hert, thanks for clarifying the mechanism. Turns out the protect tab on the card had been knocked into the locked position - I should have checked that before posting, but I was misled a bit by a similar issue I'd had a while back with different cards. All works fine now and I was able to reset the archive flag on the images I'd already imported :-)
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------