PC Issues and PSU craches

HaraldE

PC Issues and PSU craches

Post by HaraldE » 03 Oct 17 21:52

Morning,

For some months I have had issues with my PC. Since I had a rather old one (running Windows 7) I bought a new one (running Windows 10)

I can still start my old PC and access all the files. This means all images, my PSU catalog and PSU thumbs database are available from Windows. But I can not use PSU, it keeps crashing. The latest backup of PSU (including catalog but not thumbs database) is not up to date.

All folders with images have now been transferred from old to new PC. I now plan to download the latest PSU and then install it. Will also add my license key.

But what then?
> Should I replace the catalog and the thumbnails files with those from my old PC?
> Can I somehow retrieve my Batches and PSU settings?
> Should I copy the whole IDImager folder from old to new PC?

Hope someone can push me in the correct direction here, thanks

Regards, Harald

Hert

Re: PC Issues and PSU craches

Post by Hert » 04 Oct 17 7:47

You should be able to copy the 2 catalog files to the new machine. Of course your hard drive is different and so PSU will consider the images in the old catalog to be offline. To point to the folder on the new computer, open FOLDERS, right click on the top node, select “map to the correct physical folder”
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

sanphotgn

Post by sanphotgn » 05 Oct 17 1:05

If the metadata had been stored with the photo (either embedded or side car), I would create a new database and import or verify folder. (I realize that process could take a very long time.) Batches, Import Profiles, Rename Rules, .... aren't stored in the database from what I can tell. They are stored in folders in User\AppData\Local\IDimager Systems, Inc (hopefully that is correct for everyone using Windows). Before importing into a new database attempt to retrieve these files and place them in their new location. If you wrote ICS scheme, you should enable the Read for ICS scheme until everything is loaded into the database.
Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2602 (64 bits) (Windows)

HaraldE

Post by HaraldE » 08 Oct 17 19:36

Thanks to valid comments,

I placed my old catalog and thumbs file in the correct folder and it works fine. Have now been able to use PSU some days and have done a lot of checking and all looks good. Will now go on and import a pile of images from latest months. I will also do some Adjust and try some Batches. Then I will add some other programs to see if all is still ok.

Regards, Harald