"Status" color issue

oversampling

"Status" color issue

Post by oversampling » 18 Sep 17 18:15

It seems that I am not able anymore to change the "status" color of my photo folders... :(
When I compact the folder tree and then I expand it back the assigned color is gone... :roll:
Has any of you experienced this issue?
Please have a look to the recorded screenshot:

https://youtu.be/LmSSo7br6iY

Mke

Re: "Status" color issue

Post by Mke » 18 Sep 17 23:59

Curious. I'm not having that problem with build 2602 under Windows. What version are you using?

oversampling

Post by oversampling » 19 Sep 17 6:27

I'm using 2603, PostgreSQL version, DB on NAS, clients on win10 and win7 (both show the same issue). It used to work in the past (as shown in the video, some "older" colored folders survived the tree compression/expansion cycle)

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Sep 17 6:41

It works fine here. Does iT work for you at the koerst level?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

oversampling

Post by oversampling » 20 Sep 17 15:42

Apologies for my limited language skills: could you please help me with the "koerst level" meaning?
Anyhow: I will be able to try again PSu next friday as I'm out of town at the moment.
Thanks

Roberto

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Sep 17 17:59

Ah, sorry for that...long live auto correct.
I mean "lowest level" (the folder containing images)
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

oversampling

Post by oversampling » 22 Sep 17 17:54

Ok, I re-tested it with both "lowest level" folders and "intermediate level" ones...the result seems inconsistent to me, please have a look... :shock:

https://youtu.be/HDfbHDnVxvU

Compacting the DB did not help...
This behaviour is the same when accessing the DB (Postgre, on my QNAP NAS) from each of my 2 PCs (win 10 and win7)...therefore I am not sure that reinstalling PSU on one PC could help... :roll:

oversampling

Post by oversampling » 24 Sep 17 16:45

I re-created from scratch two more Postgre DBs on 2 different NASes (Postgre versions: 9.3.4.2 and 9.3.13.3) and installed PSu version 2604 on the Win10 PC ... no luck with any combination ... :cry:
Hert: what Postgre version are you using in your tests? could you please hint where to look in the DB to check for "state colour" information?

oversampling

Post by oversampling » 24 Sep 17 19:10

Ok, it seems that I solved the issue. :D
I believe it was related to some operations I did last time I performed a DB backup within PSu.
If memory serves me well the steps I did were:

1) I backupped my PSU DB to a directory on my primary NAS
2) Then that directory was moved to my secondary NAS (as a part of an automatic nightly NAS Backup)
3) Then i restored the directory of my secondary NAS into a newly created DB on the primary NAS

I guess somehow PSu was tricked by the process... :roll:

To fix it the steps I did were:

1) In PSu I set the second top level folder (which has not an IP address in the name ) as the new top level folder
2) I mapped that folder on the second top level folder of the secondary NAS (the 2 NASes have identical folder structures): Psu displayed "Access violation (0)" error message but completed the mapping
3) I re-mapped the folder on the second top level folder of the primary NAS: again Psu displayed "Access violation (0)" message but completed the mapping.

Tah-dah: the folder tree suddenly showed all the missing colours of my tests (which means that the colour changes were actually recorded somewhere by PSu, even if they were not shown) and colour changes are now kept across tree compression expansion cycle. 8)