How can I create a new label with the same name as an existing label but a different parent

barneagle

How can I create a new label with the same name as an existing label but a different parent

Post by barneagle » 24 Apr 17 20:59

If I have an existing label for London with England as parent, how can I create a separate label for London with Ontario as parent? If I type London in the label assignment input box I'm only offered the existing label and there is no "Create New" option.

weidmic

Re: How can I create a new label with the same name as an existing label but a different parent

Post by weidmic » 24 Apr 17 21:23

Click on the catalog label (left side of your screen where all the catalog labels are) where you wish to add the item, right click - add item

You can even add twice the same label name under the same parent, if you wish...

Cheers,
Michael

barneagle

Re: How can I create a new label with the same name as an existing label but a different parent

Post by barneagle » 24 Apr 17 21:27

Thanks. Silly me. I thought I could do that but couldn't see how to display the labels on the left. I now remember they are called Categories!

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 25 Apr 17 19:33

I accomplish this by misspelling London, i.e. Londot and then I can change the spelling in the next window ;-)
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2604. I stand behind the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 26 Apr 17 12:06

I regularly do the essentially the same and write "Londonx" and then simply delete the "x".