batch file format conversion fails to save metadata

pquart

batch file format conversion fails to save metadata

Post by pquart » 23 Apr 17 17:41

I have a lot of scanned tif images that have been cataloged with names, places and dates. I wanted to create high quality jpg copies of these with the same catalog information. I used the batcher, selected file conversion, told it the folder I wanted the new images in, selected the jpg quality 100%, checked the box for include metadata. I ran the batch.

It did create the new images, in the proper folder, but included none of the catalog metadata in the new jpg versions.

Is there a way to get the catalog metadata included in the new jpg images?

Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2589 64 bits running on win10

Patrick Quarterman

pquart

Re: batch file format conversion fails to save metadata

Post by pquart » 23 May 17 3:04

Did I misunderstand how the batch file conversion should work? Should it actually create jpg copies of my catalog labeled tiff images with the catalog labels if I mark the box in the file conversion setup to "write metadata if available"?

i have over 5k images scanned to tiff from old family albums. These have been edited as tiff, imported into photo supreme and catalog labeled with names and places. I would like to get jpg copies of these files with catalog labels for distribution to family members. I do not want to have to manually copy the catalog labels from the tiff images to the jpg copies.

Is there any way to do this in Photo Supreme?

Patrick Quarterman

Hert

Re: batch file format conversion fails to save metadata

Post by Hert » 23 May 17 21:51

Are these TIFF files sync'ed in PSU? In other words, did you save the metadata to the files?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system