Trouble logging into Smugmug

Hert

Re: Trouble logging into Smugmug

Post by Hert » 04 Apr 17 20:19

Works fine here, but maybe not all servers contain their recent changes yet. Either way, if they made changes that broke compatibility then that's a pity.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 08 Apr 17 0:32

I sent an email to SmugMug support asking about possible server issues. The reply wasn't helpful and said it was an issue with Photo Supreme although I said in my email that connection worked for some and not for others so perhaps it was a server setting. I also said it worked until recently and there have been no updates to SmugMug that may have caused the problem.

I guess I'll have to upload another way but I sure liked Photo Supreme's simplicity.

HaraldE

Post by HaraldE » 09 Apr 17 12:23

Morning,

I have an existing SmugMug profile in PSU and it works all right. Just tried it and could upload 11 photos
But when I tried to create a new test profile (to SmugMug) I failed. I passed the Authenticate and then clicked on Target Location.
All I then get is a message saying "No album"

Regards, Harald

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 10 Apr 17 0:08

I emailed them again that perhaps there was a server/hardware change but their reply was basically check with PSu developer. I did tell them I don't think it's really a PSu issue since it was working and then didn't and was working fine for some but not for others.

I also tried using a different computer and a different ISP but that didn't work.

[Edit] I just tried on my MacBook Air and had the same problem so it's not just a Windows 10 issue.

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 10 Apr 17 15:30

Larry,

I admire your perseverance but I fear that this will not get resolved until Hert is able to reproduce it. In the meantime, I plan to look into some of the other third party tools that are available for uploading to SmugMug. There is a list here. (I see that Photo Supreme is not on the list. Perhaps getting onto this list might provide some incentive to Hert to get this feature working again.)

I haven't tried any of these yet but I'm hoping I can find one that will just let me create SmugMug folders and keep them synced with my online SmugMug content. It's not the optimum solution because it will require me to store duplicate files on my hard drive. Depending on the amount of content you keep on SmugMug, it may not be a reasonable solution for you but I thought I'd throw that out there.
Tom Stoddard

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 10 Apr 17 17:13

Thanks Tom,

I appreciate your suggestions.

Right now I'm using a third party Lightroom plugin from Jeffrey Friedl. It works pretty well and can be customized easily. I've tried the SmugMug Lightroom plugin but it uploads Title instead of Headline, which is the field I use.

Hert

Post by Hert » 13 Apr 17 7:19

Did you read my last reply already (from 3 days ago)?
http://mantis.idimager.com/view.php?id=3158
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 14 Apr 17 1:44

I left a note in mantis but will also comment here for other's benefit. The issue has been resolved in build 2599. Thanks Hert!
Tom Stoddard

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 14 Apr 17 4:08

Thank you Hert. No I hadn't seen your mantis reply. I have my setting to be notified of notes but I didn't receive that notice.

wphx

Post by wphx » 22 Apr 17 0:00

Is Build 2599 available?

tstoddard

Post by tstoddard » 22 Apr 17 1:59

If you log into the User Control Panel and download the application, you'll get build 2599.
Tom Stoddard

wphx

Post by wphx » 22 Apr 17 4:56

Brilliant - thanks. Actually Build 2600 came down the line (64 bit)

cheers