Scrolling assign tags list faulty

Stephen

Scrolling assign tags list faulty

Post by Stephen » 14 Mar 16 19:25

Does anybody else have this problem?

If I put a keyword into the assign search bar and the list of results is longer than the height of the screen, then it will not scroll down further to show all results.
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2604. I stand behind the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

Mike Buckley

Re: Scrolling assign tags list faulty

Post by Mike Buckley » 14 Mar 16 19:30

That behavior has always been that way on my system. If the keyword you're looking for isn't displayed in that situation, you'll need to be more specific about what you type in the search bar.

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 14 Mar 16 22:04

It can be nuisance if you have a huge amount of keywords. It is particularly bad in built 2075, because of the cursor jump bug: http://mantis.idimager.com/view.php?id=2982
Looking forward to the next release, where that at least that one will be resolved...
I also really hope the synonym bug (http://mantis.idimager.com/view.php?id=2981) will find some attention. And I do hope CTRL+F will eventually become as snappy again as it used to be. I am really, really unhappy how CTRl+F since build 2075 now works. It is awfully slow, the cursor jumps, synonyms are no longer found unless typed out to their exact last letter. I wish Hert had never messed with it. Prior to 2075 it worked like a charm!

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Mar 16 7:27

Stephen, best to log that as a bug report. It should be scrollable if it runs off the screen. Btw, also try to hide the dock, does that make the bottom visible?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 Mar 16 8:29

I do see a scrollbar btw. See att
LAP-Scroll.png
LAP-Scroll.png (184.73 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 15 Mar 16 11:55

Thanks, but scrolling is only possible if using the drop-down menu as in your example. It is not possible (under Mac, PSu vers. 2075) when using the search bar and when the number of search results exceed the height of the screen. I have posted to Mantis
Last edited by Stephen on 15 Mar 16 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2604. I stand behind the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

vlad

Post by vlad » 15 Mar 16 12:20

In that respect, the display of label search suggestions is consistent with the display of suggestions in the general search bar. (Yet, there's a notable difference: pressing Enter in the Assign search bar has no effect - you must pick a label from the suggestion list.)

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 15 Mar 16 14:21

Stephen wrote:[Scrolling] is not possible (under Mac, PSu vers. 2075) when using the search bar and when the number of search results exceed the height of the screen.
Same for the Windows version. That's because no scroll bar is displayed.

That's true whether typing a word in the text field at the top of the Assign panel or typing a word in the Catalog Label panel's text field that allows you to search for a parent label.

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 15 Mar 16 14:49

In that respect, the display of label search suggestions is consistent with the display of suggestions in the general search bar. (Yet, there's a notable difference: pressing Enter in the Assign search bar has no effect - you must pick a label from the suggestion list.)
Oh dear, PLEASE don't mess with the way global search or the search of the Label Assign panel work. Both work really well, they are fast and efficient. A label can be assigned in an instant, whereas CTRL+F is a complete drag! Very, very slow... I'd really rather not have a scrollbar if the search is at least fast enough to be used. I hardly ever use CTRL+F anymore. Since its search algorithm was changed it has become impossible to use.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » 22 Feb 17 13:32

Does this annoy other Mac users too or do you all have the dock positioned at left or right and not at the bottom as I have it?

This is the Mantis entry:
http://mantis.idimager.com/view.php?id=3070
Attachments
Photo SupremeScreenSnapz134.jpg
Photo SupremeScreenSnapz134.jpg (72.72 KiB) Viewed 980 times