Changing order of Collections within a Portfolio

Hert

Re: Changing order of Collections within a Portfolio

Post by Hert » 18 Dec 17 18:04

Great, not an hour lost...compacting is what caused your time loss and it’s always good to compact every now and then. You just did....and you now have a fresh backup as well
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

MikeNaylor

Post by MikeNaylor » 18 Dec 17 18:08

Actually, I've been in the habit of compacting and backing up several times a day for some time, because I'm currently making massive changes to the file locations, deletions, labels and everything else. PSU is being given a real thrashing!
Apple iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS High Sierra, Photo Supreme 4, Lightroom Classic.

MikeNaylor

Post by MikeNaylor » 20 Dec 17 16:36

Hert wrote:
18 Dec 17 16:44
Can you try to run the script below with Tools->Scripter and then try ordering the collections again:
As said earlier, the script worked. However, the problem has returned. Should I run the script every time this happens?
Apple iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS High Sierra, Photo Supreme 4, Lightroom Classic.

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Dec 17 16:41

You can run the script any time. It's good information that it returns as I wasn't expecting that. If you can reliably reproduce the step that you last did after which the changing doesn't work anymore than I'd appreciate it if you could share that with me. Thank you
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

MikeNaylor

Post by MikeNaylor » 20 Dec 17 16:55

1) I have undated images in undated folders which I'm in the process of sorting. As I figure a date for a group of images I rename the folder as YYYY-MM-DD Foldername. I also change the creation date on the images.

2) Using right click, I create subfolders within an existing portfolio, one for the edited master image and another for it source files. With composited renditions, there can be many source images per master.

3) During this process I often delete unwanted images.

4) its about now I notice the portfolio sub-collections have gone out of order and trying to re-order them fails.

That's about the best I can offer you at this time.