Move an image, in a category

larmstrong

Move an image, in a category

Post by larmstrong » 17 Jul 17 23:25

Let me explain. I have a category that I've named ARCHIVE. Of course, there are multiple images, from different folders in that category. Is there a way to take all the images in the ARCHIVE category, and move the originals out of their current folder to a different folder?

Mke

Re: Move an image, in a category

Post by Mke » 18 Jul 17 13:16

Just select the images in your ARCHIVE category, right click on them and select 'cut' - they'll be cut out of all their various folders. Go to their future folder and paste them. You might want to do it in batches, rather than all at once.

Personally I'd also backup and compact the catalog before and after.

sanphotgn

Post by sanphotgn » 18 Jul 17 18:52

Click and drag also works. Catalog - By Category. Choose Category. Folders. Locate folder by clicking on the tree (don't click on the folder or you will have to start over). Select All. Click and drag into folder. Agree with Mke: do in batches and backup and compact the catalog before and after. Would also add if you are moving a lot of photos, make a backup of the folders containing the photos before the move, in case something goes wrong.
Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2602 (64 bits) (Windows)

larmstrong

Post by larmstrong » 18 Jul 17 23:35

Thank you! Did a test with one image and it works like a dream! I appreciate your help.