Moving to New PC--use Restore or..?

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
jczinn

Moving to New PC--use Restore or..?

Post by jczinn » 06 Oct 15 19:40

I am getting a new PC (Win 7 64-bit, upgrading from Vista) and want to re-install IDImager. Should I follow the instructions here: http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14420 (basically just moving the local\IDimager folder over) or should I use Restore after backing up the database? (Of course I will back it up no matter what!)

Will either way work? Is one way preferable? Or do I need to do both (move folder AND use Restore.) Its unclear to me what exactly Backup is backing up (if its everything I'd need, or not.)

Thanks. I may upgrade to Photo Supreme, in time, but I think it would be best to get everything up and running first on the new PC (as this one is dying and I don't want to risk installing anything new on it.)

Hert

Re: Moving to New PC--use Restore or..?

Post by Hert » 08 Oct 15 6:51

Hi. Janet, copying the files to the new PC and then relocating the top folder, as all explained by DirkS in that linked topic will do.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

jczinn

Post by jczinn » 08 Oct 15 21:41

Okay great, if I run into any problems I'll be back :)

jczinn

Post by jczinn » 21 Nov 15 6:43

Got the new PC, everything moved over perfectly.

Now I have to think about upgrading to PhotoSupreme. Since I'm really way behind in cataloging, this seems like an opportune time to do it!