IDimager Stalls at Start-Up

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
MikeA01730

IDimager Stalls at Start-Up

Post by MikeA01730 » 22 Oct 14 2:57

Hi,

So I'm still using IDimager for the time being and I bought a new HP Win 7 desktop that's a lot faster than my old desktop. The old desktop is Win 7 too, so the operating environment for IDimager should be same on the old and new machine. I set up the new desktop and installed IDimager using the same installation file as before without any problems. However when I run IDimager on the new system the IDimager start-up image comes up as it always does but then nothing more happens. It stays there but it never goes away. Looking at it with the Windows task manager shows no CPU time being used or I/O operations going on. It's stuck and eventually I cancel it.

Any ideas what to do about this?

Thanks,
Mike

Hert

Re: IDimager Stalls at Start-Up

Post by Hert » 22 Oct 14 11:10

Try to press Alt+Tab when you think it's stalled. Maybe there's a message behind the startup image.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

MikeA01730

Post by MikeA01730 » 22 Oct 14 12:47

Nope, there's nothing else except the desktop there. I waited about 20 minutes this time just to be sure, but nothing is happening.

Mike

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 Oct 14 14:51

Something must be different on your system, but it's impossible for me to know how your system is configured.
Best thing with these A-brand systems that come with so much "promo ware" and "vendor utilities" is to to a complete virgin installation of the OS without all these tools and utilities.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

MikeA01730

Post by MikeA01730 » 22 Oct 14 17:52

Actually, I had a system built to get something more powerful for photo editing. I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it, but it was completely free of the crapware I'm used to seeing. What a blessing!

Your comment made me think of the anti-virus I installed, AVG. I disabled it, uninstalled iDimager & then reinstalled, and it worked. When I turn on AVG now it's ok too.

Thanks,
Mike