batch : just copy file

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
Alain

batch : just copy file

Post by Alain » 07 Feb 14 8:24

Hi

After some jpg quality problems, see other thread, I'm thinking of using the batch to get only a copy (outside IdIamger) from the selected files. Conversions would be done outside IdImager.
Unfortunally I don't see this option with the batch functionality.

So is there a way to make a batch that only makes a copy of a file to a seperate directory, the copied files may not be registered inside IdImagers as those are only tempory and will be deleted afterwords.

Alain

Hert

Re: batch : just copy file

Post by Hert » 07 Feb 14 10:43

In IDimager you can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy/paste files in the Media Explorer

In Photo Supreme there's a share profile type to copy files to a folder. Then configure it to not do sizing and it will copy your originals. Then again, your JPG artifact issues may also not occur in PSU as the products use different JPG engines.

Hope that helps
Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mike Buckley

Re: batch : just copy file

Post by Mike Buckley » 07 Feb 14 12:49

I always use the method Hert described for using IDimager if I am only copying.

However, if I also want to do other things to the copied images such as resize, rename and the like, I use the Transfer method. To do that, select the images, right click one of them, select Transfer, select Selected Images to another Folder, and then configure the dialog menu to fit your needs. The keyboard shortcut to the dialog menu is Ctrl+Alt+F4.