GPS Panel not working anymore

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
frank0304

GPS Panel not working anymore

Post by frank0304 » 30 Sep 13 8:42

Google has shut down the V3 geocoding API beginning of September. Since then, the reverse geocoding functionality in the GPS panel script is not working anymore. Any chance to upgrade the script to V3?

Hert

Re: GPS Panel not working anymore

Post by Hert » 30 Sep 13 9:16

I recommend that you switch to GeoSetter, or a similar tool, for your GEO-tagging needs.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

ukta

Post by ukta » 01 Mar 14 16:54

Hi Hert e.a.

I've followed your recommendation and tried GeoSetter. Unfortunately, the result is not quite what I expect. I suppose I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.
After performing steps given below, the result is:
- (Synchronize does not import the GPS data. This can be checked by running the Filter: Filter Scripts > Filter By GPS.)
- A side-effect is that the rating value is cleared!
- To view the image in the map of IdImager, you may need to restart IdImager.
Is there a better way?

The following are the steps I have executed:
  1. 1. Open GeoSetter
    • a. Browse to the folder that contains the images that must be assigned a location.
      b. In the Tracks pane open the appropriate GPS track log file.
      Ensure View > Tracks has been selected.
      c. Select the images.
      d. Place the red position marker on the exact position where one of the images was taken.
      This position is used to synchronize the date and time of the image with the track, see next step.
      e. Select Images > Synchronize with GPS Data Files…
      • i. Select the following options:
        • 1. Synchronize with Visible Tracks.
          2. Assign Exactly to Found Position.
          3. Synchronize Heading Data If Available.
          4. Use Track Point From Map.
          • a. Select the image that was taken at the red position marker, as set in the previous step.
          5. Press OK.
        ii. In the confirmation dialog select Yes.
      f. To adjust the location of an image, select the image, and move the highlighted marker to the correct position.
      In the Changed Position dialog window press Move Image.
      g. Save all changes by pressing the Floppy icon at the toolbar.
    2. Open IdImager
    • a. Select the images that have been applied GPS data.
      b. Right-click, and select Synchronize XMP/IPTC…
      c. Import XMP/IPTC
TIA for any response.
Regards,
Andre

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Mar 14 9:14

You can verify if the GPS info is imported in the Image Details-Technical.

I think the filter script filters on a database cache field as that's much faster but if it's not updated then it won't show you what you expect. Btw import of the changes that Geosetter writes can be imported with ctrl-alt-f12. Do you know if Geosetter also updates the coordinates in XMP?
There are a few people here who have worked with idi and GeoSetter a lot and maybe they can help.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system