V5 in 64 bit Windows 7?

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
BAB

V5 in 64 bit Windows 7?

Post by BAB » 12 Aug 13 2:45

Just updated my desktop to new hardware and OS, Windows 7 64bit. Have not yet attempted to move IDI version 5 to the new computer.
1.) Will version 5 work in a 64bit OS?
2.) If not, is there a discount to update to the Photo Supreme system?
3.) If version 5 will work in 64 bit, can I still keep the version 5 on the old 32bit computer? (Or, if I need to upgrade to new system for new 64bit, will you still support old V5 for the old 32bit system?) Or, if the PS will work on both 32 and 64 bit systems, can I load the 32bit on the old computer and the 64bit on the new computer for the same upgrade price?
I suspect you're quite tired of this same question. No rush needed in response :).

BAB

Mike Buckley

Re: V5 in 64 bit Windows 7?

Post by Mike Buckley » 12 Aug 13 6:07

BAB wrote: 1.) Will version 5 work in a 64bit OS?
Yes. I've been using it on 64-bit Windows 7 for a long time.
Even though you can continue using IDimager V5, you might want to brush up on the upgrade policy: http://www.idimager.com/WP/?page_id=525
3.) If version 5 will work in 64 bit, can I still keep the version 5 on the old 32bit computer?
Yes, but you will only be able to use one computer at a time unless you have purchased two licenses of Pro SQL Server Edition.
will you still support old V5 for the old 32bit system?
V5 is no longer being developed or licensed.
if the PS will work on both 32 and 64 bit systems, can I load the 32bit on the old computer and the 64bit on the new computer for the same upgrade price?
It will work on 32- and 64-bit systems. You can upgrade to one license and use it on both computers though not at the same time. Unlike the Pro SQL Server Edition of V5, Supreme has no server version for concurrent use on multiple computers.

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 Aug 13 7:48

Mike Buckley wrote:[Supreme has no server version for concurrent use on multiple computers.
A SQLserver version of PhotoSupreme is to be released soon
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 Aug 13 22:25

BAB wrote:1.) Will version 5 work in a 64bit OS?
Yes it will run on a 64bits OS, but of course it remains a 32bits application.
Licensed IDimager users get a 30% discount when they switch to PhotoSupreme.
3.) If version 5 will work in 64 bit, can I still keep the version 5 on the old 32bit computer? (Or, if I need to upgrade to new system for new 64bit, will you still support old V5 for the old 32bit system?) Or, if the PS will work on both 32 and 64 bit systems, can I load the 32bit on the old computer and the 64bit on the new computer for the same upgrade price?
I suspect you're quite tired of this same question. No rush needed in response :).
You can run any of our products on a many computers as you like, as long as the user is a licensed user. So the answer is yes, you can also keep IDI (or PSU for that matter) on your old computer.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

BAB

Post by BAB » 14 Aug 13 1:29

Thank much to all responders.