Help with a 2 step batch

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
ian_pop

Help with a 2 step batch

Post by ian_pop » 18 Apr 13 4:47

Hi,

I shoot CR2 raw. I'm trying to set up a process where the downloader triggers a batch that creates a jpeg, then creates a black and white jpeg.

At the moment it is set up to:

Convert file and "in between" save
Reload image
Black/white
Convert file (I have also tried this as Convert file and "in between" save)

I end up with a jpeg but not a black an white.

Does anyone have any tips on how I should be setting this up?
Also, is there a way to trigger the version detection wizard to pull all the versions back together? I'm running it manually at the moment

Thanks
Ian

Hert

Re: Help with a 2 step batch

Post by Hert » 18 Apr 13 11:28

Don't use the in between save, just use the file conversion. A batch will always save at the end so you don't have o do that. Set the file conversion at the end of our batch, so do the b/w stuff first
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

ian_pop

Post by ian_pop » 22 Apr 13 4:58

Thanks, but that appears to be just cresting a black and white jpeg. I'm wanting to create a colour jpeg, then a black and white jpeg.

If I read your instructions correctly, you are saying to do:
Black/White
Convert File

Or have I misunderstood what you said to do?

Thanks
Ian

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 Apr 13 8:15

Maybe create a second batch then to create the color version?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

ian_pop

Post by ian_pop » 23 Apr 13 3:33

I'm running this in the downloader- can that support multiple batches? I thought the point of batches was that we could stack multiple jobs like this. I'm happy to run multiple batches in the downloader if I can.

Ian