Facebook Upload Broken?

A forum for questions about how IDimager works
Dierk

Facebook Upload Broken?

Post by Dierk » 11 Nov 12 12:05

Is it just a glitch of the moment or is it not possible any more to upload photos directly from IDI?
Dierk Haasis
[DH² Publishing]
Writing and Imaging

Nikon D2x, Nikon D200, Capture NX2, IDimager, Adobe Creative Suite, GeoSetter

weidmic

Re: Facebook Upload Broken?

Post by weidmic » 11 Nov 12 20:30

Dierk,

about 2 weeks ago I have run into problems uploading to FB...

Cheers,
Michael
Please visit my homepage http://www.senoiaphoto.com

Hert

Post by Hert » 11 Nov 12 20:52

Maybe FB changed something? I'd have to check if it works here.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Hert

Post by Hert » 11 Nov 12 23:20

Looks like FB changed something. I get an auth.getSession error. It seems like FB no longer supports the FB-authorization method that IDI uses.

Hert
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Dierk

Post by Dierk » 12 Nov 12 9:51

Unfortunate. Together with the problems mentioned http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22214 IDimager seems to be a lot faster to be of no use to me than I had hoped. While Photo Supreme is still far from the weapon of my choice.
Dierk Haasis
[DH² Publishing]
Writing and Imaging

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 Nov 12 9:57

Dierk wrote:While Photo Supreme is still far from the weapon of my choice.
For my info; What are you missing so much in Supreme?
Thank you
Hert

Dierk

Post by Dierk » 12 Nov 12 20:40

Without having the time to go through the comparison thread, hence this being ad hoc, the biggest drawback is the missing multi-monitor support. I am also not too keen about the missing file management. I faintly remember a few more things I regularly which are not in PhotoSupreme.
Dierk Haasis
[DH² Publishing]
Writing and Imaging

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 Nov 12 21:04

Dierk wrote:I am also not too keen about the missing file management.
Multi monitor is not in PSU. Folder Management features have been added to PhotoSupreme since its first release.
go through the comparison thread
Oke, but remember that that topic thread is not maintained and is getting more outdated with each PSU version released.

Hert

Dierk

Post by Dierk » 13 Nov 12 8:32

Well, not just as a customer but also as a copy writer and advertising pro I strongly advice putting your own comparison table on the main site, easily found.
Dierk Haasis
[DH² Publishing]
Writing and Imaging

Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley » 13 Nov 12 8:46

Dierk wrote:as a copy writer and advertising pro I strongly advice putting your own comparison table on the main site, easily found.
As a salesperson, I don't see any advantage to comparing a current product with a discontinued product.

Dierk

Post by Dierk » 13 Nov 12 18:42

Really, Mike, despite the short exchange between me and Hert here? You want users of a discontinued but still working product to jump through hoops to get the necessary information to upgrade to a new product? I know many salespersons thinking rebates and discounts are enough of an incentive, but that works only for basic products, not complex [or very expensive] ones.
Dierk Haasis
[DH² Publishing]
Writing and Imaging

george

Post by george » 13 Nov 12 20:44

Hi Dierk,

I completely agree with you and strongly disagree with Mike B. These are DAM products with lots of similarities. If Hert doesn't want to compare them in detail for the benefit of his unceremoniously dumped IDI users, that's his business. I'm not sure why Mike B. "...doesn't see any advantage..." in comparing the products.
George

gaikokujinkyofusho

Post by gaikokujinkyofusho » 04 Dec 14 18:59

IDimager wrote:
Dierk wrote:I am also not too keen about the missing file management.
Multi monitor is not in PSU. Folder Management features have been added to PhotoSupreme since its first release.
go through the comparison thread
Oke, but remember that that topic thread is not maintained and is getting more outdated with each PSU version released.

Hert
Ditto on the multi monitor support (and missing IDI). Can't believe it wasn't in Mantis/ticketing feature request... it is now though (feel free to add notes, suggestions, etc to show Hert this feature is actually coveted by the masses!):D
M$ Win10 x64, 16gb ram w/ i5 proc
Photo Supreme build 2.2.5.1045

DirkS

Post by DirkS » 05 Dec 14 17:34

gaikokujinkyofusho wrote:Ditto on the multi monitor support (and missing IDI). Can't believe it wasn't in Mantis/ticketing feature request... it is now though (feel free to add notes, suggestions, etc to show Hert this feature is actually coveted by the masses!):D
You *do* realise that:
1. You're actually posting in the IDimager v5 forum (your request shows you're using PSu)
2. The previous post is more than 2 years old...

Gr.
Dirk.
Problems searching the forum? Try Google Site Search by adding 'site:forum.idimager.com' to a standard Google search.