I can now regularly reproduce the corruption of my Darwin Core custom metadata. This error has nothing to do with Len Merkel's "import from CSV script" as I previously believed but is clearly a bug caused by IDI when writing to several structured custom XMP fields simultaneously.
This is what consistently happens:
(1) I select several thumbs in the thumbnail viewer and type a number into the field "dwc:recordNumber".
(2) Hit "Apply", auto-sync on.
(3) After the metadata are written a little toothed wheel symbol appears in front of the field.
(4) With that symbol in front that field appears empty but when I put the cursor into the field some garbage notation of a date appears: "[30-Dec-1899 (-06:00),30-Dec-1899 (-06:00),00:00:00 (-06:00),0,0,0,0,0,,,,,]"
(4a) if I now open that image in photoshop it tells me the image metadata are corrupted and are ignored).
(5) When I delete the garbage and hit "Apply" again the number that I originally entered magically re-appears.
(5a) I can now open the image in Photoshop and do no longre get the error.
The error happens ONLY when I enter the number into that field for several selected thumbs and I can only fix it one image at a time (very annoying, very cumbersome for MANY, MANY images!).
I cannot select several thumbs and enter custom metadata into the "dwc:recordNumber" field.
I have described the odd behavior already here: http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php ... 48&start=0
I would really, really, really!!! appreciate very much if that error can be fixed and am very happy to send you whatever image, metadata schema, settings etc. you might need...
A forum for questions about how IDimager works
1 post • Page 1 of 1